Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > cddrive problem (cont.)

cddrive problem (cont.)
CandyMaffia
Forum Regular
Jan 7, 2003, 01:43 AM

but I had the another window which showed up before, and I want that, because the cd won't appear in itunes when I open the empty cd with it..why??? in OS9 everything is perfect, but in os.2.3 it's hell!! in os9 the window ask if i want to make a music cd iTunes, 79min, or a ISO I think and so on...why can't this window appear in osX, cause it did in the beginning, but now suddenly has it replaced with the 'program' selection window..i want the old back cause the cds won't turn up in the list in iTunes 3!!

look cddrive problem topic...excuse me if I didn't reply, but i miss the copy-paste function in some programs, and IE is one of them. why i don't know!
imac g5 20" isight ed. user with ipod shuffle, ibook g3 700mhz, nokia 6680, canon cp3200

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 7, 2003, 02:19 AM

Originally posted by CandyMaffia:
but I had the another window which showed up before, and I want that, because the cd won't appear in itunes when I open the empty cd with it..why??? in OS9 everything is perfect, but in os.2.3 it's hell!! in os9 the window ask if i want to make a music cd iTunes, 79min, or a ISO I think and so on...why can't this window appear in osX, cause it did in the beginning, but now suddenly has it replaced with the 'program' selection window..i want the old back cause the cds won't turn up in the list in iTunes 3!!

look cddrive problem topic...excuse me if I didn't reply, but i miss the copy-paste function in some programs, and IE is one of them. why i don't know!
can you be more specific? what window did u have when u inserted a blank CD?

when u insert a blank CD. the OS will ask u what do u want to do: open with iTunes, Finder or Disk Copy....etc...

you can also tell it to do a certain thing by default. there is a box that u check if you want a certain task or program to open when u stick in a blank CD.

or u can go to System Pref & CD's & DVD to configure how u want the OS to respond when you stick something in the CD tray....
( Last edited by RMXO; Jan 7, 2003 at 02:52 AM. )
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

CandyMaffia  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 7, 2003, 02:15 PM

Look! the situation is like this ;;;

Before the problem appered, I could put in an empty cd in the cddrive, and then a window pop-up that said which format I want to use the cd?? the choices was like
*iTunes music cd 74min
* ISO CD 650MB
* and an another selection...

when I then choose iTunes music cd, the iTunes program started with an empty cd icon in the list, where I could drag the songs to it!!

NOW the situation is very bad ;

When I put in a cd, a window pop up that says if I want to open it with finder / itunes / a program name that I don't know the english for / and macro. I choose the iTunes, and itunes opens, but without a cd (the cdicon won't appear in the list, and I can't drag the songs!!!!

How can I get back to my 'format cd-window' like I had in the beginning?!?

Attention!!! All this works fine in OS 9.2 (when I restart the computer with the older system) I hope this is enough explained...

Help
imac g5 20" isight ed. user with ipod shuffle, ibook g3 700mhz, nokia 6680, canon cp3200

CandyMaffia  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 12, 2003, 06:28 AM

please, answer this, i really need help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules