Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > woohoo new iCab 2

woohoo new iCab 2
wlonh
Professional Poster
Apr 15, 2000, 08:39 AM

it starts up_much_quicker, has several new features... yummy http://www.marie-jonna.de/icab/iCab_...nglish_PPC.sit

be sure and read the 'new features' ReadMe included in the download...

in case you have never used iCab or don't know what it is, it's a browser made ONLY for Macs... try it!

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 15, 2000, 02:11 PM

2.0 is fast as hell! I can't believe how quickly this thing loads pages...

Scott

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 15, 2000, 05:58 PM

Hmmm..... no reloading page when i resize, going "back" is now instant, i like this ALOT. If only it had mail built in.

------------------
I see dead people.

wlonh  (op)
Professional Poster
May 10, 2000, 10:35 AM

iCab open window tip:

The iCab 2 Web browser has a convenient feature not available in other browsers (as far as we know): If you Command-Shift-Click on a link, it opens the link page in a new window behind the current window (Command-Click opens it in front of the current window, as do other browsers). This allows you to easily continue working in the current window while the linked window opens and loads. (Thanks, David Gustavson.)

taken from MacFixit today 5/10/00

mkg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2000, 11:24 AM

This browser is "insanely impressive".

I love it, I love it, I love it! As soon as all the remaining bugs are worked out, and as soon as the code is complete, I will gladly pay 30, 40 or fifty dollars for it.

The feature set is the best I have ever seen. I especially love the option that opens a window with all the link listed on a particular page. I love in simple email sender. I love it!

Forum Links
Forum Rules