Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > some questions'bout ipod

some questions'bout ipod
CandyMaffia
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 04:44 AM

1. everyone, who owns an ipod knows that there is a very known problem with em.. they are so easy to scratch.. i got my ipod 2 days ago, and i noticed that the screen has some scratches.. cant you prevent it somehow???

2. the battery. i was little stupid when i got my ipod first day, cause i plug it in the computer, and he was loading, then i plug it out couple of times (before he was loaded), adn it tooks maybe 4-5 hours before the battery was ok.. but now i have recoggnized that the battery is so bad, it can play maximum of 4-5 hours only, but he is freshly new!! is it cause i did this 'plug out and plug in' with it first day?? how do you keep the battery in top conditions?? because i cant find any directions in the manual, and apple dont say anything bout how to keep the batterys best stamina..
imac g5 20" isight ed. user with ipod shuffle, ibook g3 700mhz, nokia 6680, canon cp3200

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2003, 06:22 AM

1. Get a cover of some sort. These are good. This looks even better. There are dozens more and each have their fans. You just have to do a little hunting online to find what works for you.

2. Five hours could be a realistic battery life, if like many new users, you're fumbling with the buttons on your iPod after every couple of songs. Depending on your settings, that probably keeps the backlight on more than it would be under normal use. When I first got my iPod, I couldn't keep my hands off it.

After letting yours charge fully (when "Charging" turns to "Charged" on the screen), see what kind of battery life you get just letting it play with a minimal of fooling with it.

Good luck.
( Last edited by DigitalEl; Sep 26, 2003 at 06:28 AM. )
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

Forum Links
Forum Rules