Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > making an mp3 CD....

making an mp3 CD....
vutenor
Forum Regular
May 4, 2004, 10:03 PM

Hi all,

I just got an mp3 CD player in my car. I'm so excited. I'm having a rough time making the CDs with my 12" ibook. I can't make them through iTunes because you can only burn one playlist onto a disc and I want 10 music CDs in different folders on the mp3 CD. So I tried actually putting the mp3 files into folders, then making a big folder for all of them, then burning it off of the desktop. It works, but the folder numbers in my car are all messed up: like starts with folder 6, then 3, then 10. Also, all the tracks are out of order in the folders, even though I put them in order and name them with numbers (like 1. Summertime). If this makes sense and you know how to make an mp3 CD, please help me. All I want to do is put 10 music CDs on each disc, with each CD in a different folder so I can access them easier. Also, no track info shows up in my car stereo, even though I name all the tracks. Track info shows up for commercial CDs, though. Thanks.

d0ubled0wn
Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2004, 11:18 PM

RTFM. Your stereo manual should tell you exactly how playback order works on mp3 discs.

Talk2Angus
Forum Regular
May 24, 2004, 07:58 AM

As far as i know, u copy ur diff. folders with alph. order for an mp3 player to read it in the same order.
TALK2U Soon
Angus Pohl
Solutions Engineer
Durban
South Afica

Forum Links
Forum Rules