Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > PE 2.0 resizing question

PE 2.0 resizing question
mollusk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 19, 2004, 01:03 PM

I often make collages of photo shoots for an album so I resize an image (resampling OFF) and then drag the newly sized individual images to a new blank file to arrange. Sometimes the size drags correctly and most of the time it is larger. What am I doing?
Today I cropped 4 separate pics and sized at 2x2.5in and dragged them to a new file so I could print them on one sheet of photo paper for a frame. They all were different sizes. I am obviously missing something here.... Any suggestions for my brain?.

wede1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 19, 2004, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by mollusk:
I often make collages of photo shoots for an album so I resize an image (resampling OFF) and then drag the newly sized individual images to a new blank file to arrange. Sometimes the size drags correctly and most of the time it is larger. What am I doing?
Today I cropped 4 separate pics and sized at 2x2.5in and dragged them to a new file so I could print them on one sheet of photo paper for a frame. They all were different sizes. I am obviously missing something here.... Any suggestions for my brain?.
[/QUOTE]

Only thing that comes to mind, if I am understanding the question correctly, you need to make sure the individual images and the destination blank file are of the same resolution (dpi).

HTH

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2004, 10:28 PM

It has to be that they are different resolutions. Make sure you sample your shoot to - oh let's say 300dpi- before dragging (again no resampling) and that your destination is also 300 dpi. Believe me though dragging and dropping and having it be too large is not half the problem of the opposite...

assuming photoshop?

wede1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 20, 2004, 01:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KeriVit:
[B]It has to be that they are different resolutions. Make sure you sample your shoot to - oh let's say 300dpi- before dragging (again no resampling) and that your destination is also 300 dpi. Believe me though dragging and dropping and having it be too large is not half the problem of the opposite...

assuming photoshop?

Or it could be Photoshop Elements, as the original post topic: (PE 2.0 resizing question))

I am not familiar with Elements, only PhotoShop, so I am not sure if my reply would be relevent.
Your reply was very comprehensive. So one way or the other he should get it figured out.
I was assuming PhotoShop as well.

Cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules