Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Strange problem with Delta 44 and Logic Express 7.1

Strange problem with Delta 44 and Logic Express 7.1
AlphaQuam
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2005, 11:19 AM

I'll try and explain this the best I can. I'm recording tracks onto my G5 using Logic Express 7.1 along with my M-Audio Delta 44. Input 1 is vocals, 2 is guitar. I have Logic using outputs 3 + 4. When monitoring/recording, the tracks sound "doubled," as if I am singing along exactly with a previously recorded version. However, when I play back the recorded audio, it sounds fine. I have checked the signal path and cannot figure out how the sound is doubling up. Perhaps the Delta is sending the audio through by itself, and then Logic is as well? However, unless I've prepared the track for recording, I don't get any output. I've checked the M-Audio control panel and Logic preferences, but nothing worked. I feel like I'm missing something very basic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mattsgotredhair
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2005, 02:11 PM

Sounds like latency. This might be something you'll just have to deal with. M-Audio's website says that this should be a Zero Latency unit though, so I don't know exactly why this is a problem. I've never used Logic, but is there an option to force Zero Latency? It might possibly disable any inserts you have on the tracks, but it would reduce your latency.
maybe you've been brainwashed too.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Jul 18, 2005, 03:34 PM

turn off software monitoring in logic's audio prefs.
you're hearing your live performance mixed with a latent playthru from the program.

have fun!
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

AlphaQuam  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 19, 2005, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by fisherKing
turn off software monitoring in logic's audio prefs.
you're hearing your live performance mixed with a latent playthru from the program.

have fun!
I figured it was something like that... I will have to try that when I get home this evening. Thanks for the help!

aafuss
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 22, 2005, 12:02 PM

I would also recommend you disable software monitoring in the Logic audio prefs-it might solve your issue.
Invader Zim
"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubberpants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!"

A.A.'s Mac-Mac mini Core Solo 1.5GHz, 512MB, 60GB SATA HDD, Combo Drive, OS X 10.4.5, iWork '06, iLife '06, Logic Express 7. Mouse-Logitech G7, Keyboard-MS Digital Media Keyboar
Fifth Generation iPod (30GB)-White

OogaBooga
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2005, 07:26 PM

I too would like to add that disabling software monitoring in the Logic audio prefs should fix your issue.

Forum Links
Forum Rules