Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Did your 800Mhz iMac ship?

Did your 800Mhz iMac ship?
[email protected]
Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2002, 03:47 PM

I ordered mine on the 8th of Jan. and it didnt ship. If anyone has recieved the conformation email telling them that their order shipped please let us know here. Put the date when you ordered it and whether or not you special configed it(added memory, etc.).

Mike Delaney
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2002, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by [email protected]:
<STRONG>I ordered mine on the 8th of Jan. and it didnt ship. If anyone has recieved the conformation email telling them that their order shipped please let us know here. Put the date when you ordered it and whether or not you special configed it(added memory, etc.).</STRONG>
Mine has not. I read in another message that they will ship by Thursday, which kind of sucks for me. I paid for second day shipping. Even if mine ships on Thursday, I will not get it til monday! I just hate it when the weekend gets in the way! They should give you a discount for any next day or 2 day shipment that gets delayed by the weekend...

Mike

spiky_dog
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2002, 11:16 PM

"One to two weeks" for mine.

Mike Delaney
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2002, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by spiky_dog:
<STRONG>"One to two weeks" for mine. </STRONG>
Yes... When I call, I still get the "3 to 5 weeks from date of original order..."

Psht!

NeoMac
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2002, 10:25 AM

Stop whinning. Mine ships in March or even April! You have to wait a few more days, we have to wait whole months!

"Last time the French asked for more evidence, it rolled through France with a German flag." - David Letterman

Mike Delaney
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2002, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by NeoMac:
<STRONG>Stop whinning. Mine ships in March or even April! You have to wait a few more days, we have to wait whole months!

</STRONG>
People on the Apple Support page are posting that their iMACs are starting to ship. So far, everyone ordered on the 7th...

Mike

Parky
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2002, 12:18 PM

I've just got in from an OS X Roadshow held in Manchester England.

While I was there I had the chance to speak to the Apple UK Managing Director about UK iMac deliveries.

He told me that they are 'hopefully' shipping next week in the UK, but that may only be 30-40 models for Apple Centres, Major Resellers demo equipment. Shipments should increase into the hundereds the week after. That's not good news for us in the UK, looks like the bulk deliveries are due to start around Mid Feb.

They did have an iMac on display for people to touch and play with. It looks so much better in person, bigger than I expected to be honest.

It made me even more keen to get my own. The screen is stunning, much brighter than the screen on the PowerBook next to it, even though they were both on ful brightness.

Just a little funny for you as well, during one of the '10 on X' demos (Adobe I think), someone said 'OS X is so much snappier' !!!!

To all who get their iMacs this week, enjoy :-)))
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

Mike Delaney
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2002, 01:49 PM

Just got off the phone with apple... I made the mistake of ordering mine with 512mb ram.... They said that because I did that, that mine would be shipped in about three weeks!!!! (I ordered mine on the 8th...)
I said, OK, forget the RAM, take it off the order and ship it today!!!

They said that would put me at the end of the line... Can you believe it???

Can someone please remind me why I paid for the more expensive apple ram??? Oh, yes, it is so I can wait an extra 3 weeks so some under-paid, greasy fingered, kid figures out how to remove 4 screws and push in a chip!!! Boy I sure am glad they made that easy to do!

Friggin' Apple!

BrunoBruin
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2002, 02:42 PM

Can someone please remind me why I paid for the more expensive apple ram???
If you ordered the 512 as a single DIMM you were smart to do so. That will leave your user-accessible slot open and you can easily pop another 512 in there. We don't yet know how hard it is to replace the built-in RAM, but just hearing the term "thermal paste" makes me think I'd rather not have to try.
"I'm an award-winning creative, the rules of society no longer apply to me."

vidiot1701
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2002, 03:07 PM

Ordered my stock 800Mhz on the 7th. Just got word that it has shipped direct from Taiwan via FedEx.
Robert - Mac Addict since 1984

Titanium Powerbook 500/512MB/30GB
iMac G4 800/256MB/60GB
OS X

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."

GK
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 29, 2002, 05:08 PM

Hopefully this time around they won't be stuck in customs in Alaska, like one year ago when the Titanium started shipping. The Ti's were sitting SEVERAL DAYS in freezing Alaska, before being cleared by customs.

:o

higuy83
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2002, 06:24 PM

Mike--
I also ordered mine with 512 MB RAM on the 7th.

I was told yesterday (Mon. 28) that my order was to ship sometime late this week (Thurs. or Friday,) and that I would not have to wait 3-5 weeks like the Apple Store web page says.

If what you are saying is truly, I am VERY pissed! Hopefully the person you were talking to at Apple was misinformed!

Brian
15" MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz/320GB/2GB RAM
iPod classic (160 GB)
iPod nano (4 GB)
iPod shuffle (1 GB)

momaze
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2002, 07:40 PM

Mine is shipped today. I ordered on the 7th right after the Macworld.

gkorsgard
Jan 30, 2002, 12:32 AM

Mike- I also placed my order on Jan 7th with 512mb and was told today by Apple customer support that the unit will ship this week. Keep the hope alive man!

sdchef
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 30, 2002, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by Mike Delaney:
<STRONG>Just got off the phone with apple... I made the mistake of ordering mine with 512mb ram.... They said that because I did that, that mine would be shipped in about three weeks!!!! (I ordered mine on the 8th...)
I said, OK, forget the RAM, take it off the order and ship it today!!!

They said that would put me at the end of the line... Can you believe it???

Can someone please remind me why I paid for the more expensive apple ram??? Oh, yes, it is so I can wait an extra 3 weeks so some under-paid, greasy fingered, kid figures out how to remove 4 screws and push in a chip!!! Boy I sure am glad they made that easy to do!

Friggin' Apple!

</STRONG>
Dude! This isn't a BurgerKing drive thru gimme gimme gimme. It's a complex piece of electronics being put together half a world away. Do you want it now or do you want it right?
fatmac->macplus->P550->280c->PM7250->Yosemite->iMac800-> Intel iMac 2gig

Mike Delaney
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 30, 2002, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by sdchef:
<STRONG>

Dude! This isn't a BurgerKing drive thru gimme gimme gimme. It's a complex piece of electronics being put together half a world away. Do you want it now or do you want it right? </STRONG>
Well... True. But, it also isn't rocket science. We are talking about putting in a memory card into the expansion slot.

HECK, if I knew it was going to cause a delay, I would not have ordered it. That is my main beef with Apple... When I ordered the extra memory, I was note told:

PLEASE NOTE: By ordering this extra memory you will be adding one to two weeks of a dely to your order.

What is more disturbing is that after calling them and learning of the delay, they said that I could not change my order to remove the memory or I would have to have to move to the back of the line... ??? What the heck?

I hope the people who were told that theirs would ship later this week are correct.

Unfortunatly the rep I spoke to said 2 to 3 additional weeks.

I will call again today...

sdchef
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 30, 2002, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by Mike Delaney:
[QB]

Well... True. But, it also isn't rocket science. We are talking about putting in a memory card into the expansion slot.
depends on whether your talking present rocket science or pre1970s

I ordered extra ram as well, on the 11th. I figured any special config would bump me to late Feb. I haven't seen a roll out of any product (not just talking computers here) where there was enough inventory to fill the pipeline. With a 150k preorders maybe March?
fatmac->macplus->P550->280c->PM7250->Yosemite->iMac800-> Intel iMac 2gig

JonnyVirgil
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2002, 11:44 AM

I ordered my top of the range model with 512k in 1 DIMM online from the UK AppleStore on 8th January.

I called them a couple of days later and they told me I should expect it around 19th or 20th February.

I called again today, (31st January), and was told that it would be another 3 to 5 weeks.

This puts me getting my machine around the beginning of March which is nowhere near the 2 to 4 weeks that was originally quoted.

red44dog44
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2002, 11:01 AM

Ordered on the 7th and it shipped on the 29th. According to FedEx tracking info it is delayed in Alaska

dazzla
Senior User
Feb 1, 2002, 01:32 PM

Well I'm about to order my iMac from John Lewis UK (the bottom of the range one ) and I want a 512mb dimm INSTEAD of the puny 128, so I can add a further 512 to bring it up to 1gb. Does anyone if they do this and what sort of prices these people are quoting?

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: dazzla ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules