Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > My 3G ipod battery sucks, does the claim form apply to non US customers?

My 3G ipod battery sucks, does the claim form apply to non US customers?
digiology2
Forum Regular
Jan 16, 2006, 02:38 PM

Im referring to http://www.appleipodsettlement.com/ My ipod was bought just within the valid time frame, just wondering if non US customers are entitled to it

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 17, 2006, 10:53 AM

Unless you bought your 3G after January 17, 2004 it's too late to file a claim anyway.

Deadlines relating to claim submissions have not changed. Class members should comply with the claim filing deadlines identified by the Settlement. For Generation 3 iPods, the claim form submission must be postmarked within two years of the original product purchase date. The deadline for submitting Generation 1 and Generation 2 iPod claims expired on 9/30/05.

digiology2  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 17, 2006, 12:03 PM

well I did, the site says if my claim is post marked before a certain date its ok, I have proof of purchase and all!

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 17, 2006, 01:28 PM

All persons or entities residing in the United States who purchased or obtained a First, Second, or Third Generation iPod on or before May 31, 2004.
That's from the Class Notice you linked to in your first post. So no, you are not eligible.

Jerome
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 17, 2006, 02:19 PM

Just do as I did: get a Newertech replacement battery, 25$ works great.

Forum Links
Forum Rules