Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Trouble with the Internet

Trouble with the Internet
josiahpugh
Forum Regular
Dec 22, 2000, 01:31 PM

I recently erased my Hard Drive to start fresh. I do this often and this is the first time I've had this problem. I can get connected to the internet once, and then I have to restart my computer before I can get connected again. It says that I'm connected but I go nowhere. It says looking for whatever... Any ideas?
Thanks.

altoid
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2000, 11:29 AM

well, yer not giving us a lot to go on.

It could be your DNS configuration in the TCP/IP control panel. It could be your ISP is having problems.

I would double check all your settings in TCP/IP and go from there. If it's a new System folder you may want to make sure you have all the updates from apple installed. And if it's not a new system folder, mb it's time to do a clean install.

-Al

josiahpugh  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 23, 2000, 07:02 PM

Well, I've got MacOS 9, and it's not my ISP's fault. When I boot into MacOS X PB, I can connect just fine.

Cipher13
Dec 23, 2000, 07:58 PM

Trash TCP/IP prefs, re enter them, and try again...

Cipher13

josiahpugh  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 24, 2000, 02:12 PM

Well, the problem seems to have solved itself. When I reconnnect after being disconnected it works fine. I dunno. If for some reason it does what happened eariler, then I'll trash my TCP/IP preferences. This is proably the strangest thing that I've ever seen. Perhaps Apple made MacOS 9 smart after all... Hee... Thanks everybody for the support.

Forum Links
Forum Rules