Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > does MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo heat temperature improved??

does MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo heat temperature improved??
f22a6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2006, 02:23 AM

does MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo's heat temperature improved compared with pervious version??
Thx.

F22a6

HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2006, 03:29 AM

I never had the previous version, but I have the new version and its on my lap right now.....not too ho at all.

Many have said that heat is no longer an issue. I'm quite satisfied with the temp.
Mac Mini G4 1.33 Ghz:40GBhf, 512MBRAM, 32MBVRAM
MBP 15.4' 2.33Ghz:160GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
iMac 24' 2.4 Ghz, 300GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
80GB iPod Classic (black)

analogika
Posting Junkie
Nov 24, 2006, 06:14 AM

Yes, it has been much improved.

there are new fans that run faster, yet more quietly, and possibly the thermal qualities of the new chip are better, too.

Kamikaze
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2006, 11:32 AM

The 'Net has had people and other Mac sites state that it'll run a minimun of 5-10 drgees cooler.
Free Your Mind

Macbook Pro CD, 2ghz, 1gb,100gb 7200, 128mb
Macbook (Black) CD, 2ghz, 1gb, 80gb, 64mb
12" iBook, 1.25ghz, 1.25gb, 60gb, 32mb
iMac (24" of Glory) C2D, 2.16ghz, 1gb, 250gb, 128mb

allenranger2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2006, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
The 'Net has had people and other Mac sites state that it'll run a minimun of 5-10 drgees cooler.
Agreed. It is much cooler, also due in part to the redesign of the vents in the back. It's almost completely opened if you compare any previous model (including PB's). I can actually feel the air coming out. There's also an app called Fan Control which you can see the temp, set the lower and upper threshold of the fan, and set an RPM. It's working wonders for me!

n3bulous
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2006, 09:00 PM

I just recently switched to the latest version of the MBP from the windows world and I'm glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon earlier in the year. You can say they made this cooler or that better, but all I know is that I can work with it on my lap for hours.

The only time it gets uncomfortable is when the battery has run down and you start charging it again. The combination of using and charging at the same time makes it a bit toasty, but still not as bad as the original version.

Forum Links
Forum Rules