Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > application that shows which way you're tilting your mbp?

application that shows which way you're tilting your mbp?
HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2006, 05:45 PM

Now, I am positive that a year or so agao, I saw some kind of application that showed which way you were tilting your pb. I dunno if it was an OS X app or a third party app, but I just thought it was cool and was wondering if anyone knew where I coudl get it for my mbp?
Mac Mini G4 1.33 Ghz:40GBhf, 512MBRAM, 32MBVRAM
MBP 15.4' 2.33Ghz:160GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
iMac 24' 2.4 Ghz, 300GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
80GB iPod Classic (black)

cla
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2006, 06:56 PM

Interesting. The next step would be to ask someone to create an app that "counter-tilted" the desktop picture by the same degree. Or turn your MacBook 90° and have the desktop turn 90° in the other direction so that you can view your A4/US Letter artwork in portrait mode...

kick52
Baninated
Nov 24, 2006, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by cla View Post
Interesting. The next step would be to ask someone to create an app that "counter-tilted" the desktop picture by the same degree. Or turn your MacBook 90° and have the desktop turn 90° in the other direction so that you can view your A4/US Letter artwork in portrait mode...
hmm.. i think that would involve deep system mods..

JKT
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2006, 06:55 AM

It is a third party app that utilises the Sudden Motion Sensor in the latter PowerBooks and also the MacBooks that detects if your laptop is falling and shuts down the hard drive. You want to take a look at this page for an explanation and for software downloads:

The Sudden Motion Sensor

JKT
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2006, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by cla View Post
Almost already done:

http://www.osxbook.com/book/bonus/ch...bedDesktop.mov

Forum Links
Forum Rules