Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > MacTCP DNR

MacTCP DNR
adamsitnick
Oct 21, 1999, 01:57 PM

First off, has anyone else noticed that MacTCP DNR is no longer in the system folder? Additionally, I have one computer running OS 9 that has a file named with a bunch of "kanji-esqe" characters, but has the same icon as MacTCP DNR.

------------------
"Why yes...a bulletproof vest." -- James Rodges, murderer, on his final request before the firing squad.

joeyzr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 1999, 07:47 AM

I just installed OS 9 today and yes, MacTCP DNR is screwy. It's icon installed as something called <caron>ept that once, when I kept getting messages about paged "failing to load" in AOL, AOL Tech told me to close AOL, delete MacTCP DNR and then restart. Next time I opened AOL, a new uncorrupted MacTCP DNR would form in OS 8.6

But now, it doesn't seem to rebuild it. It just goes away and pages will not load without it. So I am keeping y renaming it to MacTCP DNR. It won't work.

Anyone find any solutions or answers?
joeyzr

joeyzr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 4, 1999, 06:44 PM

Adam, are we alone then? Did you ever find a fix for your Kanji-esque MacTCP DNR icon? Mine remains the same.

If anyone using OS 9 and AOL 4.0 could do me a favor, please check the status of your MacTCP DNR (one of many icons with a globe and telephone post pic) and let me know!

Thanks.
joeyzr

JMS in TX
Nov 5, 1999, 11:52 PM

mine is the same as before, same name , same place .

Forum Links
Forum Rules