Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I join the Macbook club

I join the Macbook club
ChasingApple
Senior User
Feb 10, 2007, 05:03 AM

Well all went well with my computer sales, enough to take care of the things I needed to take care of, and since I was ok I went down to the Apple store tonight and bought a new 2Ghz C2D Macbook. I must say I am VERY impressed with the speed of this thing, and so far I really love the keyboard.

13.3" really is the perfect size for a laptop, and boy does thing run cool! My lap was NEVER used with my Alienware with a 1.6Ghz C2D! The screen is brighter then I expected it to be, and I am impressed with its clarity. I will post more later after I really get a chance to mess around with it, but so far I love it.

Feels good to be 100% Mac again!!! Time to chance the sig!
iMac G4 / Macbook

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Feb 10, 2007, 07:08 AM

Welcome!
Signature depreciated.

MacDuff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2007, 08:05 AM

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the world of the Macbook!

tomrock
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 10, 2007, 09:01 AM

Welcome to the club. I've had a LOT of laptops in my life and the Macbook is my favorite.

JMan09
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 10, 2007, 03:55 PM

I've finally joined the Apple and MacBook clubs today, I ordered a refurb MacBook 2.0 C2D 1GB, 80GB HD. I'm so happy I'll finally have the computer I've always wanted.
P.S. Sorry to take your thread, didnt want to make another for the same thing.
32GB iPad 2 | 32GB iPhone 4 | 11' MacBook Air 1.6 i5, 4GB, 128GB SSD

ChasingApple  (op)
Senior User
Feb 11, 2007, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by JMan09 View Post
I've finally joined the Apple and MacBook clubs today, I ordered a refurb MacBook 2.0 C2D 1GB, 80GB HD. I'm so happy I'll finally have the computer I've always wanted.
P.S. Sorry to take your thread, didnt want to make another for the same thing.
Not a problem, I'm glad to share the stage! Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your Macbook as mych as I'm enjoying mine. Installing World of Warcrack as I speak!
iMac G4 / Macbook

ChasingApple  (op)
Senior User
Feb 11, 2007, 10:50 PM

Here is a pic of my own personal Macs. The wife has her Macbook as well in another room.
iMac G4 / Macbook

ChasingApple  (op)
Senior User
Feb 12, 2007, 04:09 AM

*update*

I said I would be testing my new Macbook out and reporting back, well I'm back! I want to comment on the battery life promise from Apple and the new Core 2 Duo CPU. Running wifi on, brightness at its minimum setting, and using the Macbook for surfing, chatting, and iTunes for 3 hours and 10 minutes OS X is still reporting 2:30 minutes left of battery power. That would put my max battery life at 5:40 using my common apps! I am impressed with this machine! I figured once I got rid of my iBook Clamshell I was saying goodbye to my 5-6 hours of couch surfing, but NOPE!!

I also installed Windows XP on the machine so I could use a few of my Windows only apps and I have to say that Windows runs better on here then it did on my Alienware?! Yes, Windows flys on this Macbook and looks great. I still hate Windows because of its broken-ness but it runs real well on the Macbook. Funny thing is Windows XP reports the battery at 100% only has around 2 hours of battery life left, so either Windows has no clue as to the capacity of the battery or Windows is a battery killer. Would not be a bad thing to test out sometime in the future.

Now to go shop for some high definition TV's because I plan to start getting my shows and movies off of iTunes and watch them using my handy DVI out port. Playing with new Apple goodies makes me some damn giddy!!!

See ya
iMac G4 / Macbook

real
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 12, 2007, 07:58 PM

Welcome I can't wait for my tax return and then a new Macbook.
With some loud music + a friend to chat nearby you can get alot done. - but jezz, I'd avoid it if I had the choice---- If only real people came with Alpha Channels.......:)
AIM:xflaer
deinterlaced.com

Chaoticjoe
Feb 12, 2007, 08:18 PM

I really want macbook, but it will serve as my desktop, so I was thinking the 15 inch pro. So espensive though, and I don't need the power . I just want some portabilty and a desktop.
Hey...

gooser
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 12, 2007, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chaoticjoe View Post
I really want macbook, but it will serve as my desktop, so I was thinking the 15 inch pro. So espensive though, and I don't need the power . I just want some portabilty and a desktop.
portability? less expensive? DON'T NEED THE POWER?

macmall still has some NEW ibooks----12" for 699 and 14" for 899. just an idea.
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

JMan09
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2007, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by ChasingApple View Post
Not a problem, I'm glad to share the stage! Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your Macbook as mych as I'm enjoying mine. Installing World of Warcrack as I speak!
Thanks, I should have mine Friday.
Is your MacBook the only computer you play WoW on? I was thinking of getting a trial version, I dont really have time to play it right with school and work all the time, but maybe in the summer ill play.

ChasingApple  (op)
Senior User
Feb 13, 2007, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by JMan09 View Post
Thanks, I should have mine Friday.
Is your MacBook the only computer you play WoW on? I was thinking of getting a trial version, I dont really have time to play it right with school and work all the time, but maybe in the summer ill play.
I was playing WoW on my Alienware but after seeing the GMA 950 doing quite well on my wifes Macbook I went ahead and sold it off. It also helped take care of some bills. I can actually run the game with most of the details all the way up and pixel shaders enabled, which was a surprse to me. The Macbook is the best laptop I have ever owned.
iMac G4 / Macbook

Chaoticjoe
Feb 13, 2007, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by gooser View Post
portability? less expensive? DON'T NEED THE POWER?

macmall still has some NEW ibooks----12" for 699 and 14" for 899. just an idea.
Well thats definitely an idea. Thanks.
Hey...

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 14, 2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by ChasingApple View Post

Here is a pic of my own personal Macs. The wife has her Macbook as well in another room.
I HATE YOU
 16 GB 2nd Generation Black iPod Touch w/Contour Showcase
 White Core 2 Duo Macbook with: 2.0 GHz/1 GB Ram/80 GB Hard Drive

JMan09
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 17, 2007, 02:48 AM

I finally got mine in earlier today. I had trouble getting online with the dial up modem. But when I just got home from work I noticed the modem was set to internal modem and changed it to external and that did the trick. This thing is amazing so far much better than the old compaq with win98 on it. So much to learn with this, the last mac I used was about 4 years ago.

ChasingApple  (op)
Senior User
Feb 17, 2007, 03:55 AM

This is the perfect forum to learn anything you need to know! Welcome to the club!
iMac G4 / Macbook

JMan09
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 17, 2007, 04:04 AM

Thanks, first question is the cd drive supposed to be this loud? Just seems louder than expected.

Forum Links
Forum Rules