Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Songs Dissapear

Songs Dissapear
hindustorm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2007, 01:50 PM

Hey i have an ipod mini, it's ab out ayear and a half old and works fine but every now and again (say once a month give or take) i'll turn it on and the songs will be gone! all i have to do to get them back is literally plug in my ipod and they voila! are back without having to load them on again, so they must be there in some form or another, does this happen to anyone else? does anyone know how to stop this from hapeening?! really stuck could use some help thank you : )

bradbissell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2007, 02:01 PM

My wife's mini did the same thing. I had to restore the mini to factory settings and then resync. That cleared the issue.
Macbook C2D 2.0 Ghz w/ 2GB Ram, 5G 30GB iPod

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2007, 07:19 AM

I'm on my 4th or 5th iPod and just had the song disappearing thing happen for the first time tonight. For me though, the songs were only gone from all my playlists. If I went back to the Main Menu, then went under Songs, Artists or Albums, all the music was there. All my playlists were empty though.

WTF?!

I'm at work right now, so I can't yet confirm that simply resyncing "MediaBeast" will fix it.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

hindustorm  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 4, 2007, 12:10 PM

cool thanks, could you let me know what will help then? if resynching it and factory settings help how do i do that?

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 4, 2007, 01:16 PM

I was having issues with my nano and certain songs not showing up under artists or in playlists but ONLY under songs, I downgraded to iTunes 6 and all seems to be better now.

Chaoticjoe
Apr 4, 2007, 02:06 PM

I downgraded to iTunes 6 and all seems to be better now.
That's weird. Do you have the first nano? That came with iTunes 6.
Hey...

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 4, 2007, 06:44 PM

Yeah I have the first gen nano, it seems to be better although it might just be the same. I don't tend to use it much unless I'm at college, which I'm not, so I'll report back on the 17th (if I remember) when I sync it up and go back to college.

Forum Links
Forum Rules