Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Theme mod tools for Leopard

Theme mod tools for Leopard
carterx
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2008, 12:27 AM

As ShapeShifter and Mighty Mouse are not compatible with Leopard yet, just wondering if there are any free application out there for adjusting the theme and mouse pointer with Leopard. I'm thinking of buying Shape Shifter when it's good for Leopard, but looking for something free or easy hack for the meantime.

Tks,

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Mar 4, 2008, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by carterx View Post
As ShapeShifter and Mighty Mouse are not compatible with Leopard yet, just wondering if there are any free application out there for adjusting the theme and mouse pointer with Leopard. I'm thinking of buying Shape Shifter when it's good for Leopard, but looking for something free or easy hack for the meantime.

Tks,
Nothing that I know of as of now, I know that Unsanity has just posted a major update about their status, along with beta's on their blog. I never even knew that Shapeshifter allowed different mouse pointers. Good luck anyways.

SpaceCat85
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2008, 08:22 PM

Shy of manually changing graphics (like the scrollbars & progress bars) that are still Extras.rsrc/Extras1.rsrc-based in Themepark, I don't know of any either. AFAIK, many of Leopard's graphics are based on a mix of huge "textures" graphics and XML data that tells the system how to draw them, and people are still trying to figure out how exactly they work.

sogbrightlight
Forum Regular
Mar 5, 2008, 09:27 PM

Yea there isn't anything that I know of that actually works. Give it time is what I think. Eventually someone will figure it out and we'll get our customization back. Maybe... :-)
Bla Bla Bla

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Mar 6, 2008, 12:46 PM

You can change the Dock background pictures. Submit, Download & Share Custom Leopard Docks - LeopardDocks.com
Signature depreciated.

Forum Links
Forum Rules