Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple Keyboard Help

Apple Keyboard Help
sogbrightlight
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2008, 06:37 PM

I've got an issue with a previous-gen Apple wired-keyboard that I acquired awhile back. A few of the keys don't respond. It doesn't seem as if anything ever happened to the keyboard. It looks to be brand new and I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe it had something spilled on it. The "return" key doesn't work with any consistency and as of now is completely inop.

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding repair or troubleshooting this issue. I'm clueless.
Bla Bla Bla

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 10, 2008, 03:06 AM

Used keyboards. Hmm. I say buy a new one - they're inexpensive. I vastly prefer the new aluminum keyboards to the previous design, although others (what I would deem a minority) do disagree.
( Last edited by Big Mac; Oct 10, 2008 at 03:16 AM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2008, 01:51 PM

Take your keyboard and put it in the dishwasher without any detergent and was on coolest setting. Leave for a few days to dry out completely.

If that doesn't fix any sticking get a new aluminum keyboard. They don't cost a lot and are a huge step up from the old ones anyway.

If the dishwasher works you'll have a clean keyboard AND a great story to tell.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

Forum Links
Forum Rules