Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple Pay, other services, not able to add new Visa card to wallet

Apple Pay, other services, not able to add new Visa card to wallet
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Feb 10, 2016, 10:31 AM

Starting early this morning, Apple Pay users have been experiencing problems adding Visa cards to the wallet. The issue is limited to addition of new Visa debit or credit cards only, and is not impacting payments with existing Visa cards, or the addition and use of competing company cards.

MacNN has contacted Apple regarding the matter, and were told that the problem started at about 4:15AM ET. We were also informed by Apple that the issue appears to originate from the Visa side of the system, and not the Apple-hosted part.

Confirming the issue being with Visa, some Samsung Pay users have taken to social media complaining about the same issue. There is no timetable for recovery that we have been informed about at this point.

MacNN will update this post with more information when it is available.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Feb 16, 2016 at 05:22 AM. )

sgs123
Feb 10, 2016, 11:43 AM

Guys, ads with auto-play audio NSFW. (Federated Media HPE ad just above comments on this page)

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Feb 10, 2016, 12:06 PM

I'll pass it on.

bitchinbob
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2016, 09:46 AM

This problem started on Monday for me. I was issued a new debit card and haven't been able to add it to my wallet. I keep getting an error saying I do not have an internet connection.

Forum Links
Forum Rules