Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Check out my Gundam Wing model kit (pic)

Check out my Gundam Wing model kit (pic)
hytek
Mar 17, 2002, 10:30 PM

The picture, my apologies for only providing a link, is of <font color = red>Wing Gundam Zero Custom</font> model kit (level 5) that I just finished and is standing guard on top of my monitor. For a little Gundam background info, the Wing Gundam Zero Custom first appeared in Endless Waltz as a redesigned version of the regular Wing Gundam Zero and it's supposed to be the most powerful Gundam there is. Anyways, It took a little over 6 hours to complete, but I'm still not really finished with it 'cuz I'm thinking of getting some model paint tomorrow so I can give it detail beyond the standard decals. I don't normally put models together because they can sometimes be a real pain in the arse, but the Gundam models are easy enough for anyone. There are 5 different levels, levels 1-5, with level 5 models having the most detail and articulation and level 1 models having the least. They all just snap together, using no glue, and they all can, unlike most models, move and swivel just like action figures. (pretty )

If anybody else has put together a Gundam Wing model and wants to show it off, please post a pic or something. I know I would like to see them, and some others here might would too. Again, sorry I had to link to the picture, but the image didn't orginally load so a I had to do it this way instead. (sucks not having a web hosting account anymore)

Edit: Tried to correct for the image not loading.

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: hytek ]

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: hytek ]

Myrkridia
Senior User
Mar 17, 2002, 11:03 PM

Sweet model. Now I emplore you to burn the DBZ poster!

hytek  (op)
Mar 17, 2002, 11:29 PM

Sweet model. Now I emplore you to burn the DBZ poster!
lol, I got that poster off Ebay two years ago. I paid a couple dollars more than I should have just to win the auction because at the time I didn't have any Cell Saga DBZ posters. I like to collect Anime "stuff" and the computer room is where I *try* keep it all.

Catalyst236
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2002, 10:57 PM

Hey that's nice.....I wanted to try a Gundam model but my hobby shop won't carry them. Are the parts painted or are they already in different colors?
How tall is it fully assembled?
"I need a space with blue skies, that I can see the sun every day, alright....that I have nice weather....that I can just have nice water, you know....to dive, to swimming. It means a tropical country, not an island....a cold one. It's easy, any part of the world, but hot. Name it and I go."- The Lion

hytek  (op)
Mar 19, 2002, 10:56 AM

Hey that's nice.....I wanted to try a Gundam model but my hobby shop won't carry them. Are the parts painted or are they already in different colors?
How tall is it fully assembled?
The parts come already colored and with decals that are like regular stickers, just pell and stick. There's really no need to paint anything unless you want to add some more detail to the model. There's also no need for glue, w00t. The level 5 models are 7.5 inches tall and the other levels are 5 inches tall, with the exception of one or two level 4 models. I got mine at the local Toys'R'Us store for $27.99. They had a very good selection to choose from, however, if there's not one in your area, I've seen these models online at Amazon.com, but they don't have near the selection the Toys'R'Us brick and mortar store had. If you find one you like though, good luck, have fun, and post a pic.

Edit: Wrong hyperlink.

[ 03-19-2002: Message edited by: hytek ]

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 20, 2002, 01:35 AM

why the hell is the picture hosted on MSN?

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

hytek  (op)
Mar 20, 2002, 10:56 AM

why the hell is the picture hosted on MSN?
For one I let my web hosting account expire in January, so now I don't have a place to store the image and pull it from using the image UBB tag. And second I've had MSN (and Earthlink) for a very long time. You know you don't have to install any of MSN's or Earthlink's software to use their services. All you need is your Username, Password, and a local access number and then you can use most any PPP networking software, that comes standard with every OS there is, to make the connection. This helps a lot when you deal with different computers running different OS's, such as MacOS, Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD. I would prefer to use my iDisk account, but my PowerMac isn't even connected full time to phone line, no phone jack in that room, and I can't get iDisk to work with any other OS, so that option wouldn't work.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Mar 20, 2002, 09:52 PM

I hate Anime with a passion. However, I love those robot modles. My dad bought me one once when he went to Japan. Fun as hell to build. It was 8" tall and every little part of the robot was posable and movable. One of the coolest modles I ever had.

The 2nd coolest was my Star Destroyer. Unfortunately I lost it somewhere in a move (I think it was thrown out. sniff) but it was hella badass. 3 feet long and it had about 300 fiberoptic cables that ran througout the hull which worked as lights. (took for EVER to build) Had to use a drummle and a 1/4 mm bit. TINY and very expensive. Ugh. $18 for the damn bit.

Twas worth it. Looked hella cool with all the lights turned off. I never got to install some red LEDs I was gonna put into the engies for a cool glow effect. Sigh.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Forum Links
Forum Rules