Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Creaky Case Fixes?

Creaky Case Fixes?
Zimwy
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 9, 2002, 01:25 AM

Hey all,
I have a new Titanium 800 Mhz. The case seems to be having some issues. The corner that's above the dvd drive let's off an enormously loud CREAK if you put any pressure anywhere within 2 inches of the edge of the right hand side of the case! It feels like one of the little clip thingies on the inside of the case has broken loose or something. Either way, whenever I type it goes insane. I can't put any pressure at all without it creaking up a storm which as you can imagine presents problems for library working at school. Does anyone think that apple will repair this? Or rather, if I bring it to tekserve in NYC (an apple authorized repair place) that they'll repair it under warranty? Think I can claim that the case is broken somehow? I think it is. It feels like is. Thanks,

Gabe

satyagrahanism
Aug 9, 2002, 06:10 AM

ive had an enormous amount of experience with applecare (well kinda - ive sent it in four times, more than i'd like to)

they will definitely fix that.

BUT

before you send it in, i would go through the entire computer and write down every little thing that bothers you about it.

apple will fix the whole thing, then send it back all in one shot.

it sucks having to send your comp back and forth over little things - so do yourself a favor and figure out all the probs in one shot. give yourself two weeks to find them out as they surface.

dee
TAKE A STAND FOR HUMAN AND ANIMAL RIGHTS! SPEAK OUT AND HELP THOSE WHO ARE IN GREAT NEED.

Zimwy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 9, 2002, 02:27 PM

Hey,
Thanks for your response. I unfortunately didn't buy applecare. Is this covered under the warranty period? How long is the warranty period anyway? A year? Thanks,

Gabe

satyagrahanism
Aug 9, 2002, 05:28 PM

yea, a year

i STRONGLY recommend applecare. this powerbook thing can screw up about twice a year, and without apple care, it would be a pain

dee
TAKE A STAND FOR HUMAN AND ANIMAL RIGHTS! SPEAK OUT AND HELP THOSE WHO ARE IN GREAT NEED.

Forum Links
Forum Rules