Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Help with a smart folder?

Help with a smart folder?
Franz
Forum Regular
May 9, 2005, 08:34 PM

Hi all,

I am trying to make a smart folder called "Adium Xtras" (where all the stuff I got from AdiumXtras.com would be). When I add one criteria - such as Adium Dock Icon, it works fine. When I add another criteria, it does not work anymore, nothing shows up after that. Here's what I want to show:

It is annoying that nothing is showing up. Any ideas why this is, or how I can fix the smart folder to show those things?

JayJay1974
May 10, 2005, 12:39 AM

Spotlight searches with "and" logic. The item you are looking for has to be all of these types to be found. If Spotlight had the ability to use "or" logic and even nested parameters, all would be good.
If you save this smart folder and get info on it, the query will show && which means "and" logic. You can manually change the search parameters in the terminal apparently to || which means "or" but after you've done this, editing the parameters in Finder reverts back to "and" logic.

JayJay1974

Forum Links
Forum Rules