Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Touch: 'solarized' and other video playback issues

iPod Touch: 'solarized' and other video playback issues
83caddy16v
Forum Regular
Dec 22, 2007, 10:56 PM

I purchased an 8gb Touch last night and it was working fine. WiFi is peppy and photos on websites look great when zooming in.

The problem now, for example: all videos (music video, movie, tv shows) have bright blue & red blocks of pixels moving around. The U2/Greenday video is shifted off the right side, pushing a 1/3 of the image coming back around to the left side.

The battery was about 1/2 way, I connected it to my MBP to charge but no improvement.

I've only used it about 3hrs and I hate the idea of returning it at this time of year.

ideas?

83caddy16v  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 23, 2007, 12:06 AM

I did a full restore and it appears to be working normal with the videos that were distorted previously. very strange. I wonder if there is a bad area on the drive or something.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2007, 12:08 AM

That is strange. Bad RAM in your computer perhaps (wild guess)?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Donny
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 24, 2007, 12:58 PM

Had similar issue with my iTouch which I have had since its release. Full restore solved it and it hasn't returned. I wouldn't return it just for that issue unless it recurs.

stillperceptions
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 25, 2007, 07:12 PM

Just recently purchased an iTouch 16GB, my first venture into Apple products. After letting my daughter try it before buying her one as well I performed a Full Restore and loaded my music. A movie, TV shows and music videos purchased from iTunes were all working fine. After syncing over a new iTunes purchased TV show from my laptop (it worked fine there) I tried running it on the iTouch. It came out solarized as were all the other previously synced/working videos.

Performed a full restore /resync and like Donny's experience the problem was resolved. While I'm hoping it won't happen again it will be interesting to see if it is a repeatable problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules