Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > looking for christian bloggers...

looking for christian bloggers...
rogermugs
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2008, 01:27 AM

so hey. first of all I need to say a big thanks to all ya'll who have helped me in many suggestions along the way (related to my own blog and forum etc... design and content and all).

in my anxiousness to always try new things/grow community...
I decided to make a place where people could blog together (a group blog) about theology, the bible, or anything related to the christian life.
I wont be joining in, I'm just facilitating setting it up, but i think there are a lot of folks out there who are interested in blogging, and either intimidated to set one of their own up, or dont have enough time to write daily. This is for you.
i've set it up, and I'm just wanting people to write...

if you're interested then the details are here:

many.theologer.com

or you can drop a line in this thread and let me know you're interested (and I can PM you the details)
cool?

if this isn't clear let me know.

i may even be interested in one or two agnostics who would be willing to write about their life as agnostics and how their belief set impacts their daily walk. hmm...

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 25, 2008, 01:40 AM

he's probably hosting a wrestling match right now, but I think there's a Christian blogger here somewhere.
ice

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jul 25, 2008, 01:46 AM

why do you not use capitalizations? if you write like that post, i'd be surprised if people would jump at the chance to read your blog.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

red rocket
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2008, 03:49 AM

First of all, this is spam.

Secondly, religious topics belong in the Political/War lounge.

Rumor
Jul 25, 2008, 03:51 AM

He has been getting assistance here since the inception of his site.

Secondly, this isn't really a religious topic. While the site he refers to is about theology, this thread isn't meant to incite combative discussion.

Lay off him a bit, he is just looking for help.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

red rocket
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2008, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor
While the site he refers to is about theology, this thread isn't meant to incite combative discussion.
So I suppose it would be equally acceptable for other people to advertise their own cultist websites by starting ‘looking for fundamentalist islamist bloggers’, ‘looking for jewish bloggers’, ‘looking for scientologist bloggers’, ‘looking for satanist bloggers’ etc. threads in here, would it?

Rumor
Jul 25, 2008, 04:22 AM

Did you finish reading his post before you knee jerked?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

rogermugs  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2008, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Randman View Post
why do you not use capitalizations? if you write like that post, i'd be surprised if people would jump at the chance to read your blog.
first of all, its awesome that you didn't use any caps when you complained about me doing it... I do occasionally capitize things on my blog... but if you read this post you'll see that i'm not going to be writing for this blog, just looking for others who will... I just set it up, beyond that i'll have little to nothing to do with it.

also, i didn't use caps because this is a forum, and i'm informally asking for help with it... the post itself that has more details is prettier... and finally... who cares about stinking CAPS? THEY ANNOY EVERYONE WHEN YOU USE THEM IN EXCESS.

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure
he's probably hosting a wrestling match right now, but I think there's a Christian blogger here somewhere
why a wrestling match? mostly we christians are into rugby, hockey and football...

Originally Posted by red rocket
First of all, this is spam.
your face is spam... HUZA! (hehe)
Originally Posted by red rocket
So I suppose it would be equally acceptable for other people to advertise their own cultist websites by starting ‘looking for fundamentalist islamist bloggers’, ‘looking for jewish bloggers’, ‘looking for scientologist bloggers’, ‘looking for satanist bloggers’ etc. threads in here, would it?.
i dont understand why this would be a problem at all?

its true what rumor said, I've been in here a bunch asking for advice all along... this time its not even going to be my blog, but other peoples... you know, those who take up the idea... but whatev.
i'll go start a thread in the war lounge that outta make you happy...

here red rocket:
Looking for Fundamentalist Islamist bloggers (ITS ALL FOR YOU!)
enjoy.

Apemanblues
Jul 25, 2008, 05:54 AM

Christian Bloggers? Never heard of him.

However, I am looking for Cthulhu bloggers if there are any out there. Or any of The Great Old Ones who lived ages before there were any men and who came to the young world out of the sky will do just fine

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn and all that.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jul 25, 2008, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by rogermugs View Post
first of all, its awesome that you didn't use any caps when you complained about me doing it
I was being sarcastic. Personally, I would not go to a site where lack of basics such as proper punctuation were not used, or at least aimed for.

Lazy writing habits usually means lazy writing.

... I do occasionally capitize things on my blog... but if you read this post you'll see that i'm not going to be writing for this blog, just looking for others who will... I just set it up, beyond that i'll have little to nothing to do with it.

also, i didn't use caps because this is a forum, and i'm informally asking for help with it... the post itself that has more details is prettier... and finally... who cares about stinking CAPS? THEY ANNOY EVERYONE WHEN YOU USE THEM IN EXCESS.
When you type in all caps, it is annoying. But it's also annoying when none are used. There's nothing ever wrong with writing properly.

Anyways, if you are promoting a site, I'm not sure being lazy and then argumentative is the way to attract people. Good luck though.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

rogermugs  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2008, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Randman View Post
Anyways, if you are promoting a site, I'm not sure being lazy and then argumentative is the way to attract people. Good luck though.
*sigh
thanks for the good luck?

dav
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2008, 10:44 AM

first of all, its awesome that you didn't use any caps when you complained about me doing it... I do occasionally capitize things on my blog... but if you read this post you'll see that i'm not going to be writing for this blog, just looking for others who will... I just set it up, beyond that i'll have little to nothing to do with it.

it's also a good way to keep the pedants at bay.
one post closer to five stars

rogermugs  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by dav View Post
it's also a good way to keep the pedants at bay.
or at least to get them to comment in complaint (i had to look that word up... AWESOME... incredibly useful)

Tiresias
Jul 25, 2008, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Apemanblues View Post
Christian Bloggers? Never heard of him.

Cthulhu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2008, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Apemanblues View Post
However, I am looking for Cthulhu bloggers if there are any out there. Or any of The Great Old Ones who lived ages before there were any men and who came to the young world out of the sky will do just fine

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn and all that.
Someone call my name? I was busy with the Spam King.

Oh, and remember folks:

Cthulhu saves!
In case he's hungry later.

Guy Stone
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2008, 10:20 PM

Spam is good with pineapple.

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Jul 28, 2008, 01:50 AM

I'd post, but I don't have a religious bone in my body. It's all just magic to me.

rogermugs  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 29, 2008, 04:57 AM

always interesting...
i guess i want people at least a few religious bones... hmmm...

lexapro
Baninated
Jul 29, 2008, 05:42 AM

you might be looking for christian bloggers, but i am not

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jul 29, 2008, 11:37 AM

I'm a student pastor "Christian blogger," but my blog covers, um....a lot.

I've got too much on my plate as it is, and I'm not entirely sure that I'm the kind of guy you're looking for, anyways.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 29, 2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
I'm a student pastor "Christian blogger," but my blog covers, um....a lot.

I've got too much on my plate as it is, and I'm not entirely sure that I'm the kind of guy you're looking for, anyways.
I might be, but my comfort-machine is down for the count. As soon as I can procure a new Mac Pro, I might be up to the task. Can't do anything on my wife's powerbook. NOTHING! $$%# tiny keyboard, no tactile feedback, small screen, folders and files and pics littered about with no rhyme or reason...
ebuddy

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Jul 29, 2008, 08:45 PM

I'm a frequent contributor over on Roger's forum and trying to get my blog more or less off the ground. I may jump in and write an article but for the most part I'm fairly busy myself.

rogermugs  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 31, 2008, 09:03 AM

yea... maflynn I gave you that award and I haven't seen you post anything about it... those kinds of things might help get you off the ground...

but for any of you who are interested... just follow the instructions... and submit your sample dealios... i'm still looking for folk... a few have agreed to write but haven't started yet...

Forum Links
Forum Rules