Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Questions about restore

Questions about restore
danayanch
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2004, 02:00 AM

Hi all,

I recently bought a PB 12 inch from apple (newest version)....Now it was working fine for aboue 2 months.

I have a constant problem of kernal panicks while the computer is shutting down. This only happens if I leave the computer on for 5 or so hours or more....So im guessing there is a software problem.

I would like to restore all the OSX defaults and files back to the way they were when I first bought the machine, and I see that they provided some restore disks. Now I would go ahead and do this but I have one problem:

I have many documents, family pictures, and videos that I cannot loose whatsoever. They are all very important and of sentamental value.

I really don't want to go through all the trouble of backing it all up onto millions of CD-R's....

Can I use this system restore CD that came with the computer, without loosing all my criticle files?

This would be very helpful if I could get a nice answer.

Thank you very much in advance

Dana Y.

dwood
Forum Regular
Dec 14, 2004, 02:42 AM

so aside from that your hoping your hd never ever dies? go buy an external hd? do the restore disks give you the option to archive and install like the os x retail disks?
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5/100gb/768/SD/APX
MacMini goodness... want one? http://tinyurl.com/4dww8

Forum Links
Forum Rules