Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Why Hard Drive Icon Moves to Bottom of Screen?

Why Hard Drive Icon Moves to Bottom of Screen?
oharag
Aug 29, 2002, 09:42 PM

My HD icon keeps jumping to the bottom of my screen instead of staying at the top right side. I have other things (ie folders) on my desktop as well. I'm I forcing my HD down there? Any ideas?

Also, how do you save window sizes and views for different folders? Example: I set up my top level HD to list view and resized the window placing it in the top left. When I shutdown and restart the HD reverts back to icon view, and the window moves to a different location.

snerdini
Senior User
Aug 29, 2002, 09:52 PM

Do you have your desktop set to automatically arrange by kind? CDs will sometimes appear above my HD and force them downward...

One nitpick about arranging by kind: why do CDs, network shares, and local hard drives all get labeled as simply "Volume"? That means that they all are lumped together when they are really 3 different types of volumes. I mean, at least separate removable and permanent volumes!

oharag  (op)
Aug 30, 2002, 04:57 PM

When I check the View Settings for the Desktop it says: Icon Arrangement = None. I tried rearranging the icons away from the HD thinking that I was crowding the HD out of its spot. That did not work. ????

Forum Links
Forum Rules