Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook 15" Cooling System?

Powerbook 15" Cooling System?
tastethepain
Jul 15, 2004, 11:34 PM

Anyone know of a good-to-awesome under-the-laptop cooling system for the PowerBook G4? I played a quick 10 min game of Return to Castle Wolfenstein and my laptop is about to melt through my legs.

thanks,
Curtis
MBP / 3gig memory / 200gb hard drive / Superdrive

Mac Pro 4x2.66 cores / 8gb memory / ATI 256mb vid / storage---always increasing. :D

kafoochy
Forum Regular
Jul 16, 2004, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by tastethepain:
Anyone know of a good-to-awesome under-the-laptop cooling system for the PowerBook G4? I played a quick 10 min game of Return to Castle Wolfenstein and my laptop is about to melt through my legs.

thanks,
Curtis
There is little that you can do to prevent the laptop from getting hot while on your lap. There are some stands that you can get to try and keep the computer cool on your desk such as the MacMice iBreeze, which has two fans underneath that are powered by the USB bus of your PowerBook. I think there are some other stands out there with fans, but this is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Goodluck!

bgordon
Jul 17, 2004, 01:37 PM

Podium Coolpad. I have one for my 15-in AlBook, it rocks. Also fits easily into your laptop case. Not "active cooling" per se, but lets air underneath and saves your upper thighs from serious burns:

<http://www.roadtools.com/>

RealMac
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 17, 2004, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by bgordon:
Podium Coolpad. I have one for my 15-in AlBook, it rocks. Also fits easily into your laptop case. Not "active cooling" per se, but lets air underneath and saves your upper thighs from serious burns:

<http://www.roadtools.com/>
I use an icurve when my pb is on my desk and a coolpad when it's in my lap. Nothing like saving your legs / that general region from burns. The price was around 29.99.
It is in the moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
www.therealmac.net
MBA Graduate, Creative Thinker, Nice Guy

Forum Links
Forum Rules