Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > if you were the ruler of a country?

if you were the ruler of a country? (Page 2)
Railroader
Banned
Jul 16, 2005, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by lngtones
I would then institute a moron tax
You'd probably be paying the most!

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 16, 2005, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
I would let podcasts include full length songs
I think the limits on podcast song length has to do with the fact that ASCAP/BMI or other licensed songs require the podcaster to pay a license fee but the podcaster doesn't want to or can't afford to pay it. But there's a provision in the law which allows a short snippet (I forget the allowable length of time) to be played for free.

If I'm wrong tell me. I'd like to know more about your experience.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 16, 2005, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by loki74
well... thats a tough one.

I would probably ban rap.
Aw, loki74!

I really want you to give rap a second chance or give it the POSSIBILITY of escaping bannanation.

Have you heard Will Smith's song, "Switch?"

(mojo2 does his best Lawrence Welk imitation) 'It's a real toe tapper!'

Seriously, dude. I bought it at the iTunes.

lngtones
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 16, 2005, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader
You'd probably be paying the most!
Actually, since I'm the ruler I wouldn't be taxed. Thus qualifying you as a moron. That will be $5,000 please.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jul 16, 2005, 03:26 PM

1) Clothing will be illegal for females (just like on Ferenginar).
2) Speed limits will be abolished.
3) Hippies will be rounded up and put into work camps where they will generate electricity via treadmills.
4) Dave Lee Roth will be made Vice-President.
5) Ted Nugent will be made Secretary of State for Defence.
6) There is no item #6.
7) Gay civil union will be allowed, although if anyone even mentions "gay pride" ever again you'll all be joining the hippies in the "Ministry of Electricity Production".
8) More cowbell.
9) Rap artistes will be forced to drive Reliant Robins.
10) Blogging will become a felony.
11) As will using a cell phone except in an emergency.
If it doesn't scare hippies, it's not worth listening to

Railroader
Banned
Jul 16, 2005, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by lngtones
Actually, since I'm the ruler I wouldn't be taxed. Thus qualifying you as a moron. That will be $5,000 please.
Now you have to pay because you forgot I would never enter any land you ruled. I won't call you a moron, but I will say you're being a bit silly, no?

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Jul 16, 2005, 04:09 PM

1) Education in good pop/rock/R&B/Soul/Progressive/Jazz/Metal/Classical music mandatory in schools.
2) Rappers and wiggas will be fined and forced to attend 'Proper use of belt' courses.
3) Cars with riders turning up the bass 1.5x higher than treble and mid will be forced to take 'You are an idiot/Sound Engineering' classes.
4) Our alternative national anthem (like Jerusalem in the UK) will be Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin, which is to be played at every press conference.
5) All foreign aid will be abolished.

More to come.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2005, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by zizban
Free beer!
YES! you have my vote.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2005, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by CreepingDeth
1) Education in good pop/rock/R&B/Soul/Progressive/Jazz/Metal/Classical music mandatory in schools.
2) Rappers and wiggas will be fined and forced to attend 'Proper use of belt' courses.
3) Cars with riders turning up the bass 1.5x higher than treble and mid will be forced to take 'You are an idiot/Sound Engineering' classes.
4) Our alternative national anthem (like Jerusalem in the UK) will be Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin, which is to be played at every press conference.
5) All foreign aid will be abolished.

More to come.
wiggas

proper use of belt

i'd let my pants ride low just knowing you spend any amount of energy thinking about it

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Jul 16, 2005, 10:31 PM

I think we should also have a prison outreach program called 'Prison Insertion.' Anyone wearing a belt in an improper fashion, i.e. we can see their ass, will be taken down to police HQ and secretly tracked by a prisoner who ain't gettn' any. If our 'inserting convict' crosses paths with one of his assigned 'projects,' he has the legal right to take him in an ally and do some cornholing. Anyone who dresses like a prison fairy should get it treated like one.

"Ya wanna dress like one of us, you gonna get it straight up your ass like one off us. Come on nĂ¼-metal boy, get me one step close to the edge! *spank*"

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2005, 10:36 PM

Well Eminem is about to announce his retirement so that eliminates a major source of wiggars right there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules