Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > iOS Gmailapp gets new inbox, selective notifcations

iOS Gmailapp gets new inbox, selective notifcations
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jun 4, 2013, 02:56 PM

As promised late last month, Google has updated the iOS Gmail app to use a new inbox format. Email can now optionally be grouped into broad categories, such as Updates and Social. The most important messages are pushed into a Primary category, which is the default view in iOS. Enabling categories requires going to Gmail.com.

Joining the new inbox are more nuanced notification options. Users can choose to be notified for all messages, none, or only important ones. Separate Gmail accounts can have their own notification settings.

The app is a free download, and runs on any iOS device supporting iOS 5 or later.

solefald
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2013, 04:52 PM

I wish it got speed improvements instead. I am tired of waiting for 30 seconds for my inbox to open... and i only have ~100 messages in it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules