Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > App Store problems

App Store problems
steve666
Mac Enthusiast
May 31, 2012, 03:28 PM

Anyone else having issues with the App Store?
I tried downloading iantivirus yesterday and I was having some general connection speed issues at the time. I paused it then went back today since my speed seems fine now and it won't let me complete the download. It is listed as other purchases in my account but the button has no lettering on it and when i click it nothing happens.
I also can't update the malware definitions with virus barrier plus which was also downloaded in the App Store.
Frustrating since Apple doesn't seem to give an easy way to contact them about it (or any way)

ibook_steve
May 31, 2012, 04:49 PM

Store menu -> Check for Unfinished Downloads

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

steve666  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 31, 2012, 07:06 PM

I tried that, no luck.
I wonder if it's my internet connection, I'm still having slow download issues. Time Warner couldnt send anyone out today so I'm stuck until my next day off (next wednesday) to fix it.
I thought ATT customer service was bad. Sheesh

steve666  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 31, 2012, 08:13 PM

I figured out my internet problem-ethernet cable went bad (I still don't get why a cable that just sits there should ever go bad). Replaced it with a spare cable and good to go.
I was able to downlaod my virus definitions but the app store still won't let me install iantivirus.
I check for unfinished downloads and it tells me I have none. I go to purchased and there it is listed (I figured out that I had it hidden and inhid it) but when I click install nothing happens.

ibook_steve
Jun 1, 2012, 02:02 PM

Maybe try logging out and logging back in in the App Store. If it still doesn't work, I'd contact support.

Apple - Support - Mac App Store

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

steve666  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
Maybe try logging out and logging back in in the App Store. If it still doesn't work, I'd contact support.

Apple - Support - Mac App Store

Steve
I finally figured out a way to fix things.
I downloaded another app and when it was downloading the iantivirus app showed up and I clicked on it and it downloaded finally.
What an odd thing to have happen.

Forum Links
Forum Rules