Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Patriotic, Republican, and a Vegetable too.

Patriotic, Republican, and a Vegetable too.
SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Jul 3, 2004, 08:16 AM

I give you W Ketchup.

gohoward
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2004, 08:20 AM

gohoward may sue W Ketchup for misleading people into believing that George Washington was a Republican. George Washington was not a member of any political party, let alone one that didn't exist yet.

voyageur
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2004, 08:45 AM

From the W FAQ:

Q. How long can I keep W Ketchup?
A. The shelf life of W Ketchup is 24 months.

SimeyTheLimey  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 3, 2004, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by gohoward:
gohoward may sue W Ketchup for misleading people into believing that George Washington was a Republican. George Washington was not a member of any political party, let alone one that didn't exist yet.
Actually, George Washington was a Whig and a Federalist (although he kept a fairly low profile during the ratification debate).

gohoward
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2004, 08:59 AM

gohoward will once again point out that nothing he posts should be taken seriously.

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2004, 09:26 AM

gohoward will once again point out that nothing he posts should be taken seriously.
<some witty quote that identifies my originality as a person except for the fact everyone else does the same thing>

SimeyTheLimey  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 3, 2004, 10:03 AM

Just like your favorite candidate.

OH-N'omac
Jul 3, 2004, 10:10 AM

From the site: "The leading competitor not only has 57 varieties, but has 57 foreign factories as well. W Ketchup comes in one flavor: American."

So....Republicans like to eat Americans? Is there American flavored ice cream as well...vanilla with little chunks of American every few bites?

I always suspected some dark secret helping the elite, but I would have never guessed that they abuse their power to eat Americans.

Vote Kerry. Kerry does not support eating Americans.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2004, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by OH-N'omac:
Kerry does not support eating Americans.
So in other words, he won't lick Bush?

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2004, 11:13 AM

George Washington believed strong in the Constitution, same as with Republicans.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

f1000
Professional Poster
Jul 3, 2004, 11:33 AM

No thanks, I'll stick with Ms. Teresa Heinz's ketchup, politics be damned:

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 3, 2004, 11:47 AM

Originally posted by wdlove:
George Washington believed strong in the Constitution, same as with Republicans.
No, that's the Democrats.

The Republicans are the ones who want to AMEND the Constitution to exclude gay marriages.

-s*

paully dub
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2004, 11:53 AM

I'll have some of that on my Freedom Fries, but I'll wash it all down with some Mecca Cola.

Here's to politics and crummy food!

Adopt-A-Yankee

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2004, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
No, that's the Democrats.

The Republicans are the ones who want to AMEND the Constitution to exclude gay marriages.

-s*

I hope you Republicans realize that all of your ideals have been turned on their heads:

Which party is spending more of your taxes? The Republicans.
Which party is trying to ruin the Constitution? The Republicans.
Which party is interfering with your individual rights? The Republicans.
Which party is making a mockery of our "free market economy" by ramping up corporate welfare? The Republicans.

Today's Republicans (at least the W. administration) have betrayed all of the central tenets of Republicanism. And yet you still support them? Talk about doublethink.

SimeyTheLimey  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 3, 2004, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by wataru:
Which party is spending more of your taxes?
I think you mean spending what is taxed, and then borrowing some more. I don't especially want a government that doesn't spend my taxes. If they don't need it all, then don't tax me so much.

Of course, if you like paying taxes, you will love the Democrats. But isn't it odd how so few Democrats take the opportunity to pay more to the government than they have to? You don't have to pay the minimum, you know.

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Jul 3, 2004, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by wataru:

I hope you Republicans realize that all of your ideals have been turned on their heads:

Which party is spending more of your taxes? The Republicans.
Which party is trying to ruin the Constitution? The Republicans.
Which party is interfering with your individual rights? The Republicans.
Which party is making a mockery of our "free market economy" by ramping up corporate welfare? The Republicans.

Today's Republicans (at least the W. administration) have betrayed all of the central tenets of Republicanism. And yet you still support them? Talk about doublethink.
Plus their Ketchup isn't organic. Bastards.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2004, 02:20 PM

I thought Republicans called it catsup

gohoward
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2004, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by SimeyTheLimey:
Just like your favorite candidate.
gohoward chose this name as a joke (see signature). He was a Lieberman supporter.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 3, 2004, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by Axo1ot1:
Plus their Ketchup isn't organic. Bastards.
Quiet down there, hippy.

fireside
Professional Poster
Jul 3, 2004, 07:12 PM

I think you mean spending what is taxed, and then borrowing some more.
more like lowering the tax, spending what they earned, THEN borrowing some more.

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Jul 3, 2004, 10:03 PM

vote Kerry - remove a war criminal from office and place him on trial for his crimes

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

tie
Professional Poster
Jul 3, 2004, 10:59 PM

Of course, if you like paying taxes, you will love the Democrats. But isn't it odd how so few Democrats take the opportunity to pay more to the government than they have to? You don't have to pay the minimum, you know.
Why do you single out Democrats? Isn't it also odd how so few Republicans pay more than they have to? And isn't it odd how some Republicans in this forum lack any common sense?

Isn't it odd how a major American defense contractor, then led by the current Vice President, established 35 new offshore subsidiaries in for example the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Trinidad and Tobago, Panama, Liechtenstein, and Vanuatu?

The Republicans have recently shown themselves to lack any spending discipline. Budget deficits have ballooned every year under Bush, not attributable just to increased defense spending (no-bid contracts and the like). Pork is out of control, since Bush refuses to restrain or threaten to restrain his party. If the Democrats controlled Congress and the Presidency, it could hardly be worse. Still, the best way to achieve financial discipline is to have a Democratic president with a Republican-controlled Congress.

Sod Off Sadr
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: I sent hundreds of followers to their deaths. Then I cut and ran. Now I'm livin' large somewhere in Najaf.
Jul 3, 2004, 11:06 PM

Originally posted by tie:
Why do you single out Democrats? Isn't it also odd how so few Republicans pay more than they have to? And isn't it odd how some Republicans in this forum lack any common sense?

Isn't it odd how a major American defense contractor, then led by the current Vice President, established 35 new offshore subsidiaries in for example the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Trinidad and Tobago, Panama, Liechtenstein, and Vanuatu?

The Republicans have recently shown themselves to lack any spending discipline. Budget deficits have ballooned every year under Bush, not attributable just to increased defense spending (no-bid contracts and the like). Pork is out of control, since Bush refuses to restrain or threaten to restrain his party. If the Democrats controlled Congress and the Presidency, it could hardly be worse. Still, the best way to achieve financial discipline is to have a Democratic president with a Republican-controlled Congress.
tie, I'm not glad to see you're back. Come tango in the politics/war lounge if you want to post this crap. Otherwise, just chill out.
You heard me! Sod off, Sadr!

Sod Off Sadr
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: I sent hundreds of followers to their deaths. Then I cut and ran. Now I'm livin' large somewhere in Najaf.
Jul 3, 2004, 11:06 PM

Originally posted by DeathToWindows:
vote Kerry - remove a war criminal from office and place him on trial for his crimes
blah blah blah blah blah. You sure are on a broken record kick.
You heard me! Sod off, Sadr!

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2004, 12:04 AM

Lets bring this little fella to the politics forum, pilgrim.

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 4, 2004, 12:17 AM

Maybe this will calm everyone down. Or not.

Here's a pic of the original Heinz house/factory, where he started out by making horseradish in the basement. It now sits in Dearborn, Michigan, a stone's throw away from where I work.

http://www.hfmgv.org/village/mainstreet/heinz_new.asp

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Jul 4, 2004, 12:28 AM

I think you mean spending what is taxed, and then borrowing some more. I don't especially want a government that doesn't spend my taxes. If they don't need it all, then don't tax me so much.
Actually, I'd prefer they used some of that money to pay off the massive debt that we have, which is hard to do if they spend it all.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

SimeyTheLimey  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 4, 2004, 07:41 AM

Edit: Political response to tie deleted. I put this thread in the regular lounge because it is intended for a little levity.
( Last edited by SimeyTheLimey; Jul 4, 2004 at 07:54 AM. )

f1000
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2004, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by zigzag:
Here's a pic of the original Heinz house/factory, where he started out by making horseradish in the basement. It now sits in Dearborn, Michigan, a stone's throw away from where I work.
Did they rebuild the house or move it brick by brick?

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 4, 2004, 04:01 PM

ross and bill say that both partys need to stfu and work on whats best for america.

vote mr. t

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2004, 04:19 PM

I saw this, and I chuckled.. then I realized that it's real and thought, "Katsup can't vote..."

Politics has no place in cooking.
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 4, 2004, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by Earth Mk. II:
Politics has no place in cooking.
Please, I only use Heinz special edition Blue Ketchup nowadays

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 4, 2004, 04:32 PM

voyageur