Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > And you thought Ellen Feiss looked stoned

And you thought Ellen Feiss looked stoned
arrested502
Senior User
Sep 21, 2002, 07:02 PM

"Devil ether, it makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor skills. Blurred vision. No balance. Numb Tongue. The mind recoills in horror. Unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interresting, because you can watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it"

alphamatrix
Senior User
Sep 21, 2002, 07:10 PM

Gah!!! Don't even joke about such things!!!

cdhostage
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2002, 07:14 PM

Hmm....

I wonder what the transplant market in human eyeballs is looking like now...

She's farked,.
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

Kaner
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 21, 2002, 07:18 PM

that sucks. am i correct in reading that she had her eye lashes bleached? if so, then she deserves the discomfort, thats just rediculous.

not like it would have helped that dog anyway...

Bushleaguer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2002, 07:19 PM

That's very sad. Don't make jokes about it. Poor girl, I feel so bad now. She should smoke some dope to ease the pain.
He's not a leader, he's a Texas leaguer..
Swingin' for the fence, got lucky with a strike..
Drilling for fear, makes the job simple..
Born on third, thinks he got a triple..

fat mac moron
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 21, 2002, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by Kaner:
that sucks. am i correct in reading that she had her eye lashes bleached? if so, then she deserves the discomfort, thats just rediculous.

not like it would have helped that dog anyway...
While completely politically incorrect as that statement was, I still laughed my ass off.

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2002, 10:41 PM

WOW! She's hot! Does she use a Mac?! I'm putting a picture of her on my desktop and making an icon set out of it!!!
Seriously though, as horrible as that is for her, one has to question the motivation for undergoing such a pointless procedure. Ouch..

Tigerabbit
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2002, 01:01 AM

Political correctness = censorship

Isn't The Sun pretty much the equal of The Weekly World News here?
If you put a bullseye on yourself, don't be surprised when someone takes a shot at you.

arrested502  (op)
Senior User
Sep 22, 2002, 01:10 AM

Thanks for the backup Tiger, in any case I admit it was in somewhat bad taste. Then again, like you said, it is "The Sun" the brittish equivalent of the National Enquirer.
"Devil ether, it makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor skills. Blurred vision. No balance. Numb Tongue. The mind recoills in horror. Unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interresting, because you can watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it"

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2002, 01:34 AM

Here's another great article from the same paper.

"A TV tribute to funnyman Spike Milligan was thrown into uproar when an Osama bin Laden lookalike leapt on stage and sang about terror group al-Qa’ida.

The mystery man in a glued-on beard — who was not part of the show — leapt out of the celebrity audience and flung off flowing robes to reveal a peach evening dress.

Then he sang “al-Qa’ida is a girl’s best friend” to the tune of Marilyn Monroe song “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend.""

Now that's my kind of humour.

Myriad
Forum Regular
Sep 22, 2002, 01:35 AM

Originally posted by SupahCoolX:
Seriously though, as horrible as that is for her, one has to question the motivation for undergoing such a pointless procedure. Ouch..
One could also question a woman's motivation for shaving her legs, but I'd rather leave it the way it is.
Have you seen me?

Tigerabbit
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2002, 03:06 AM

Originally posted by Myriad:
One could also question a woman's motivation for shaving her legs, but I'd rather leave it the way it is.
I'd rather not shave mine, but occasionally it is necessary due to comfort and fashion.

Displaying hairy legs in a professional situation is a quick way to make a bad impression. Something looks inherently wrong about hairy legs under hosiery, and it feels worse than it looks.

Once you've started shaving them, you need to do so again about once a week. If you don't, the stubble catches against everything from denim to bedlinen, and it hurts like someone is pulling that individual hair out with tweezers.

…and now you know, the rest of the story.
If you put a bullseye on yourself, don't be surprised when someone takes a shot at you.

Nimisys
Banned
Sep 22, 2002, 03:26 AM

hmm steaming eyes you say.... and a copupel of hours later

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 22, 2002, 04:29 AM

The price one pays to be superficial.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2002, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
The price one pays to be superficial.
A very Christian statement indeed. Full of understanding and forgiveness.

For crying out loud, she was having her eyelashed tinted. Not her boobs enlarged to snare an ancient tycoon, not her entire back tatooed with scenes from a de Sade novel.
Girls get their eyelashes tinted because they don't want to bother with mascara. It's similar on the scales of personal vanity to getting your hair tinted.

But her potentially loosing her eyesight is the price she pays for her superficiality. Maybe you'd like to tell her to her face?

Kaner
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2002, 11:41 AM

i'll tell it to her face, and her husband too. ship her as$ to savannah, georgia. pronto.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2002, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by Kaner:
i'll tell it to her face, and her husband too. ship her as$ to savannah, georgia. pronto.
Fair enough. So you're just a bastard. At least you don't quote the bible at the same time.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 22, 2002, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Mastrap:

A very Christian statement indeed. Full of understanding and forgiveness.
Er what does understanding and forgiveness have to do with this? I was makign a statment about people that have superficial wants and needs. Read the Bible about such things. I so love the people who at any chance they can get attacks me because of my personal beliefes in most anything I say, when they don't really understand the word.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 22, 2002, 12:21 PM

Fair enough. So you're just a bastard. At least you don't quote the bible at the same time.
There is a difference between what I said and what he said, Stop being a knee-jerk reactionary twit.

v0id7
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2002, 01:46 PM

Thats just nasty.
_______void_______

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2002, 05:14 PM

Er what does understanding and forgiveness have to do with this? I was makign a statment about people that have superficial wants and needs. Read the Bible about such things. I so love the people who at any chance they can get attacks me because of my personal beliefes in most anything I say, when they don't really understand the word.
No. You were were making a judgenment about a person that you don't know. You have absolutely no idea what her wants and needs are, yet you take it upon yourself to call her superficial while she is battling with serious injury.

You have chosen to carry your Christianity on your public sleeve. Don't moan if people pick up on it when you don't do as you preach. Because you're not doing yourself anyfavours, much less your religion.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2002, 05:16 PM

There is a difference between what I said and what he said, Stop being a knee-jerk reactionary twit.
You made a derogatory comment. So did he. You're supposed to know better.
Want to call me any more names while you're at it?

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 22, 2002, 05:17 PM

No. You were were making a judgenment about a person that you don't know. You have absolutely no idea what her wants and needs are, yet you take it upon yourself to call her superficial while she is battling with serious injury.
She went to chemically darken her eyelashes to make it look like she has mascara on, why else would she need that other than superficial reasons?
You have chosen to carry your Christianity on your public sleeve. Don't moan if people pick up on it when you don't do as you preach. Because you're not doing yourself anyfavours, much less your religion.
I'll complain when someone start giving me knee jerk reactions and baseless accusations. Had this gal not been so superficail about her looks, this wouldn't have happened. That is all I am saying. There is no denying that.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2002, 05:26 PM

She went to chemically darken her eyelashes to make it look like she has mascara on, why else would she need that other than superficial reasons?

I'll complain when someone start giving me knee jerk reactions and baseless accusations. Had this gal not been so superficail about her looks, this wouldn't have happened. That is all I am saying. There is no denying that.
See, my main problem with you is your assurance that everything should operate in "The World according to Zimphire"

Who are you to decide whats superficial and what's not? Where do you take this breathtaking arrogance from, like a stormtrooper in a polish ghetto? Do you have a girlfriend? If so, does she shave her legs? Does she ever use make-up? Maybe she uses a shampoo top tint her hair? Superficial, right?

Or how about you? Do you shave? Use a nice smelling aftershave? Buy some trousers that make you look good?

Come on. If that girl was superficial we all are. And she certainly does not deserve your arrogant, arrogant comment when she might be blinded.

ringo
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2002, 05:36 PM

Er what does understanding and forgiveness have to do with this? I was makign a statment about people that have superficial wants and needs.
The same "word" that goes on about not judging other people, lest ye be judged, right?

And you wonder why people accuse you of being a hypocrite.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 22, 2002, 05:58 PM

See, my main problem with you is your assurance that everything should operate in "The World according to Zimphire"
Er yeah, I am betting most people would see this as superficial. But naw, it;s just me, I am just being bizarro in my little world.
Who are you to decide whats superficial and what's not? Where do you take this breathtaking arrogance from, like a stormtrooper in a polish ghetto?
Read above.
Do you have a girlfriend? If so, does she shave her legs? Does she ever use make-up? Maybe she uses a shampoo top tint her hair? Superficial, right?
Pretty much. But I wouldn't considering that as extream.
Or how about you? Do you shave? Use a nice smelling aftershave? Buy some trousers that make you look good?
There is a difference bettween that are actually medically altering yourself permanitly. How bizarro.
Come on. If that girl was superficial we all are. And she certainly does not deserve your arrogant, arrogant comment when she might be blinded.
Naw I would never do such a thing. That is silly. My comment wasn't arrogent. But your condesending posts are. Can someone say Hypocrite?

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 22, 2002, 06:00 PM

Originally posted by ringo:

The same "word" that goes on about not judging other people, lest ye be judged, right?

And you wonder why people accuse you of being a hypocrite.

I am judged all the time am I not? I don't mind. That means don't judge unless you are willing to be judged. Not being hypocritic. I am not saying "Oh she is superficial and she is such a aweful person because of it! DAMN HER TO HELL!!

I can't believe the knee jerk reactions going on here.

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2002, 06:02 PM

Er yeah, I am betting most people would see this as superficial. But naw, it;s just me, I am just being bizarro in my little world.

Read above.
Pretty much. But I wouldn't considering that as extream.
There is a difference bettween that are actually medically altering yourself permanitly. How bizarro.

Naw I would never do such a thing. That is silly. My comment wasn't arrogent. But your condesending posts are. Can someone say Hypocrite?
spellcheck, dude.. s p e l l c h e c k

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 22, 2002, 06:20 PM

Oh I am so busted.

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2002, 07:02 PM

Shaving legs can be equated with men shaving beards, its a daily thing that you gotta deal with. (legs being more real estate, thus more margin for error) Dying hair, yes its superficial, but on the scale of dangerous vanity things, it aint so bad. But who in their right mind would want dye and bleach anywhere NEAR their eyes?!?!?!?! Would some pop-culture enlightened female please explain the justification of tinting your eyelashes? What is it, to get rid of the last evidence of your original hair color or something? Anyone willing to take a risk like that gets zero sympathy from me. My first reaction: "****ing Dumbass."

Forum Links
Forum Rules