Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Clip-on Bezel for Non-Mac Displays?

Clip-on Bezel for Non-Mac Displays?
Feathers
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 26, 2005, 02:52 PM

This may seem trivial but it's something that bugs me, just a bit. I have a Formac 22.880 22" CRT for my G5. Of course, the G5 is tasty aluminium, the keyboard, mouse and my iBook are white and the CRT is what? An ugly off-white colour I think they call "bone"! On a good day, the Formac is not the most attractive monitor in the world, but surrounded by Apple beautifulness(!) it's one hell of an ugly duckling. My question therefore is whether anyone has come across a company that makes clip or stick-on bezels or surrounds for displays to make them more harmonious or just less downright ugly? Aluminium would be wonderful, even white would be nice. This is a genuine question, I'm not interested in "buy some aluminium and a hacksaw" type replies. Thanks in advance.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2005, 02:57 PM

Unfortunately, you're part of a very small minority of people that would buy such a clip-on bezel. I believe nothing like that exists. I try not to let myself worry about the cosmetics of my computer so much as its operating quality.

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2005, 03:03 PM

disassemble and paint it.

-r.

Forum Links
Forum Rules