Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac 500Mhz Indigo, Ate The CD

iMac 500Mhz Indigo, Ate The CD
Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 3, 2002, 12:09 AM

yeah, we've got an iMac at school that ate a CD. It won't spit it out, we tired the manual eject, we tried the holding the mouse button, and we tired pressing eject right after the speaker beep.
NOTHING.

Anyone know how to get it out?[/LIST]

Catalyst236
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2002, 02:07 PM

At the upper right hand corner of the page there is a search feature. Try that , it could be a topic that was already covered. I found that if you don't get any responses, this is usually because it might be an old problem, so the people here will be more apt to help you after you've exhausted any researching on your own first.

It's like hazing without the paddle and wedgies.

If that doesn't work, try the apple site.
I had this problem on my old PC, but never with my iMac.
"I need a space with blue skies, that I can see the sun every day, alright....that I have nice weather....that I can just have nice water, you know....to dive, to swimming. It means a tropical country, not an island....a cold one. It's easy, any part of the world, but hot. Name it and I go."- The Lion

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 3, 2002, 04:35 PM

my old snow imac used to have problems ejecting cds sometimes..but it never got stuck....maybe hold it with the screen facing down and try to eject it that way? if its at school rip it apart for a class project
iMac G4 800mhz 768 ram OS X (10.1.5) & iPod 5gb

xyber233
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2002, 05:09 PM

The paperclip hole doesn't work?

cdhostage
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2002, 07:42 PM

The paperclip in the tiny hole right to the right of the drive should eject it. Unless that's what you meant by manual eject. Otherwise I have no suggestion but to take the thing to bne serviced.
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

Forum Links
Forum Rules