Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > 802.11g Wireless Cardbus Adapter (PC Card)

802.11g Wireless Cardbus Adapter (PC Card)
mtcart
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2003, 12:01 PM

I read somewhere that airport 3.1 (OS X 10.2.6 or higher) now supports "all" 802.11g PC Cards. Another article stipulated they must be Broadcom based.

We are using the AirLink+ 802.11g card and it works with my G3 Powerbook (Pismo), although it seems like the distance isn't all that good.

My sister purchased a D-Link DI-624 802.11g Router (which works fine) and a D-Link DWL G650 PC card, the PC card box did not say 802.11g anywhere, but said "up to 54mps with airplus extreme G products" and airport did not recognize it.

Would like to know of any other 802.11g PC cards that any of you might be using with your laptops and how they are working for you.

Thanks.

robot prom
Forum Regular
Oct 13, 2003, 10:58 PM

cards with the broadcom chipset work.

PC card info here: http://forums.dealmac.com/read.html?...0701&t=1299577

chipset info here: http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html

Personally, I have a Linksys WPC54G card. it works great. much better range than the internal airport card got.

Forum Links
Forum Rules