Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Stupid Saturday shipping.

Stupid Saturday shipping.
HeatMiser
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2001, 02:28 PM

Just got off the phone with the Apple Store. Apparently, all OSX orders have been "locked," which means that no changes can be made to the shipping information, which means my now-upgraded Fed-Ex Saturday shipping will arrive at an empty office this weekend, rather than at my home.

Guess I'll just have to come over and sit in the parking lot and wait....

Great.

"The suspense is terrible...I hope it'll last." --W. Wonka
I am the harsh nemesis of all that is unclean!

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2001, 02:31 PM

Wait until you get a FedEx tracking number then call them. They'll make the change.

PowerBookDude
Mar 20, 2001, 02:32 PM

Originally posted by HeatMiser:
Just got off the phone with the Apple Store. Apparently, all OSX orders have been "locked," which means that no changes can be made to the shipping information, which means my now-upgraded Fed-Ex Saturday shipping will arrive at an empty office this weekend, rather than at my home.

Great.

"The suspense is terrible...I hope it'll last." --W. Wonka

Sorry dude.

------------------
Ti 500/384/20/Airport
------------------
Pismo 500/256/12/Airport
------------------
iMac DV SE 400/128/12/Airport
------------------
iBook Blueberry 300/96/3/Airport

Syseworks
Mar 20, 2001, 02:36 PM

I was told by an Apple rep to wait until my package ships on Friday, then i should receive a tracking number (in email i'm guessing) and I can call FedEx to tell them to change the addr. I hope it works, because it's going to be a long, unhappy weekend otherwise...

HeatMiser  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2001, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by Scott_H:
Wait until you get a FedEx tracking number then call them. They'll make the change.
I'll give that a try.

So, when do these copies have to leave Cupertino to make it on time? Friday? Anyone...?

So, first Apple gives me a $30 "discount" for owning the PB, now the company upgrades my shipping to one of FedEx's most expensive options for free.

It's enough to make a fella feel bad for ever griping about Apple.

------------------
The suspense is terrible...I hope it'll last.

[This message has been edited by HeatMiser (edited 03-20-2001).]

mindwaves
Mar 20, 2001, 02:42 PM

I dont believe that the oders are all at Cupertino. I beleieve that they are at various undisclosed warehouses in the U.S. Apple will ship the OS early this Friday to various people for arrival at your doorsteps this Sat.

tanhauser
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2001, 02:45 PM

Bah screw it... go out and have fun, enjoy the weekend and then watch the Oscars, then call and wait for it on Monday. I'm in your situation and that's what I will do.

I am DYING to get OS X but I'd much rather have a life... or at least try to.

:o)

F

dfbennett
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2001, 02:46 PM

Great.
Really? I called them yesterday afternoon and they were able to change the shipping address of my OS X order. Maybe they locked them as of today or maybe mine didn't get changed at all I guess I'll know as soon as it ships. Dave
Regards,
Dave

HeatMiser  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2001, 02:49 PM

Originally posted by tanhauser:
I am DYING to get OS X but I'd much rather have a life...
A "life?" Explain....

------------------

the_sisko
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2001, 03:00 PM

The GM doesn't come from Cupertino, it comes from a bunch of warehouse locations. I live close to Cupertino, and my PB came from Sacramento (about 5 hours further away from me than Cupertino).

clebin
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 20, 2001, 03:49 PM

4 Annoying Things

1) 15 minutes after I pre-ordered it, I found out that Micro Anvika were selling it from midnight on Friday. I'll now have to read about OTHER PEOPLE using it. Cheers Apple.
2) I was really busy in the two days after pre-ordering it and consequently didn't claim my rebate.
3) CW are giving 64mb of RAM free with it.
4) I was supposed to be working away so I put on hold my new Mac purchase, only to have the trip cancelled a week later. I now won't have a new Mac in front of me for 3-4 weeks.

All of which is a complete pain in the arse.

Chris

mjpaci
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2001, 03:54 PM

You could also have FedEx hold it at their facility rather than putting it out for delivery. That way, you can get it first thing in the morning when the facility opens.

--Mike

kertong
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2001, 03:55 PM

[BSo, first Apple gives me a $30 "discount" for owning the PB, now the company upgrades my shipping to one of FedEx's most expensive options for free.
[/B]
sucks, I chose fed ex saturday right off the bat - do I get a refund for it, perhaps? Man.

I live my life one cool toy at a time.

HeatMiser  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2001, 04:36 PM

Maybe I'm grasping here, but the "Rip. Mix. Burn." ad on the inside cover of the latest "Fortune" magazine shows a CD that has the date 1/8/01 on it.

1 + 8 + 1 = 10.

Coincidence?

Someone set up us the bomb.

------------------

neoz_2
Mar 20, 2001, 05:10 PM

I purchased my copy through the Apple Store on the web. I was going to get it shipped to my mom's work, but they changed the date, so changed the shipping address to my home on the web Apple Store. Will they except my change or will I have to change the address through Fed Ex.

tick42
Mar 20, 2001, 06:04 PM

i talked with someone from Apple yesterday, she told me that FedEx would deliver OS X before I even knew the tracking number. So I cant change the location with FedEx OR Apple. sucks.

fobside
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2001, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by kertong:
sucks, I chose fed ex saturday right off the bat - do I get a refund for it, perhaps? Man.
refund? fat chance on that man...this is one of those times that you "get the shaft"...happens to us all at times.

------------------
I used to use a PC.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2001, 06:32 PM

refund? fat chance on that man...this is one of those times that you "get the shaft"...happens to us all at times.
Is it? I'm not so sure one that. This guy got the a refund on the overnight shipping.
http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/Forum3/HTML/003713.html

HeatMiser  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2001, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by tick42:
i talked with someone from Apple yesterday, she told me that FedEx would deliver OS X before I even knew the tracking number. So I cant change the location with FedEx OR Apple. sucks.
I didn't think about this, but I think you're right. I remember now that I've always received shipping notification from Apple either just before or right after my order was shipped. Huh. Oh well.

------------------

bemayo
Forum Regular
Mar 21, 2001, 02:27 AM

I, too, called on Monday to change my shipping address and was told that the labels had already been printed. However, my guy told me that it was going to ship on Thursday. I would guess that the tracking number would be available prior to delivery, but if not, I'll be bugging the heck out of FedEx!

Bill Mayo
Picking Apples Since '87
IIgs | IIsi | Performa 630/6300 | G3/266 | G4/533x2 | G5/2Gx2 | MacBook 1.83

Forum Links
Forum Rules