Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Sprint might broaden their current phone selection, your feedback is needed

Sprint might broaden their current phone selection, your feedback is needed
t_hah
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2005, 04:05 AM

Long story short... I really like the new Sony Ericsson W800 and K750 phones. Unfortunately my carrier, SprintPCS does not offer phones like the Sony Ericsson models... I emailed the customer service asking about these phone models, and I got a response that Sprint might be changing some things around in the future, because they see the customer demand for it.

If you guys use Sprint and are also interested in phone models that Sprint does not offer currently, I encourage you to email Sprint about them. I would really like to see a change from their current selection.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/learn/form...c_question.jsp

Cellery
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2005, 04:58 AM

The only thing is that those are GSM phones and Sprint is a CDMA network. For those particular models to work Sony Ericsson would have to make a CDMA version. I switched to a GSM carrier years ago because of better phone technology and designs. It'll be interesting to see how the Sprint/Nextel merger shakes out in the end.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2005, 10:34 PM

FWIW, SprintPCS sends that same "automatic reply" year in and year out, with absolutely ZERO changes in their product line...

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2005, 12:05 AM

with a few exceptions they still have the most cutting-edge technology as a network, with the serious eventual paths to high-speed wireless existing primarily on CDMA. I also love the high-speed data that I get over the air now for my Powerbook.

That being said, they have no plans to offer many or any of the GSM options, thats what any PR-savvy company tells their customers to pacify them.

Anyway, Sony publicly said they're totally done with the CDMA market after the T68 debacle with Sprint.

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2005, 01:17 AM

Originally posted by t_hah:
Long story short... I really like the new Sony Ericsson W800 and K750 phones. [/url]
Long story short. Nobody does. It is a phone announced days ago, the W800 is only coming later in the year and the 750 shortly before it.

Even than you can get it unlocked off ebay and use it on whatever provider you want.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules