Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto 06 pix – ALL GONE?!

iPhoto 06 pix – ALL GONE?!
malique
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2006, 12:12 PM

Hey after working a while flawlessly with the new iPhoto coming from iP 05 suddenly 90+ % of my pictures are gone! Rebuilkding databases etc didn't help … what can I do?

ɕɕɕ *°* for it is a human number. it's number is onethousandandtwentyfour. *°* ͋ƺ

Dual 1.8 // Dual Display // Dual Ears // Dual Nuts // Dual Everything

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 09:45 PM

Is it just the thumbnails? What happens if you try to view the whole picture? What happens if you use iPhoto's Export command - does the resultant file have any image data?

malique  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 27, 2006, 05:25 AM

The fotos are GONE, even in the Finder. Simply deleted. Theres just 2xx MB left, …

ɕɕɕ *°* for it is a human number. it's number is onethousandandtwentyfour. *°* ͋ƺ

baw
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 06:37 AM

That ain't good.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 09:05 AM

That sucks.

I hope you have a backup.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 09:41 AM

View the contents of the iphoto library found in the pictures folder. The photos may still be their but the iphoto library is corrupt. Start searching for file names that you know are now missing in iphoto.

P.S. I hope you have a backup. My pictures are too important to me for not backing them up.
Mike

drissa
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2006, 07:56 PM

I had the same problem (have backups). Also, iPhoto STILL freezes when I try to scroll through just 370 images! Oh, and iDVD STILL refuses to burn anything. I don't dare open iWeb.

Ho-hum...

malique  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2006, 08:00 PM

No backup, nothing. Computer was one week old. Was in the middle of sorting stuff.

makrell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2006, 05:17 AM

This looks like the problem we got yesterday. Suddenly 30-40 photos from different parts of the library of 4000 photos were blank. Using the "find file" command we tried opening them from Finder to no avail.
In our case the files existed, and were the same size as the healthy photos but they were somehow corrupted.
Luckily we have backed up. And luckily we are lazy backuppers: the corruption happened after last backup. Sometimes its good not to listen to Jay´s Monthly Reminder, http://www.yourmaclife.com.

Does this happen to others? Our photos are valuable to us.

malique  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 12, 2006, 05:21 AM

Do you guys also used DEJA VU for backupping? The behaviour described above happened several times and one time DEJA VU was the cause of trouble. Maybe there's a coherency?

Apfhex
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 06:00 AM

If I were only allowed to back up one thing from my Mac, it would be my iPhoto library. My photos are very important to me. Sorry to hear that happened, are you absolutely sure the file are not still in your iPhoto library folder? I'm pretty sure you can rebuild your library if you hold down option when launching iPhoto, you could give that a try.
Mac OS X 10.5.0, Mac Pro 2.66GHz/2 GB RAM/X1900 XT, 23" ACD
esdesign

bbales
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 09:19 AM

If the computer is only a week old then you must have loaded the photos from something, right? Do the photos still exist there?

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Apr 12, 2006, 11:31 AM

Ahem, look at the date of the first post.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules