Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Region coding for replaced Powerbook Superdrive

Region coding for replaced Powerbook Superdrive
eatinwokout
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2007, 12:19 AM

I just replaced the optical drive on a 12" Powerbook. Everything seems to have gone smoothly but OS X is not requesting that I select the right region encoding. The prompt says I have 5 tries to enter. Which region should I select for the drive?

amazing
Professional Poster
Feb 20, 2007, 12:30 AM

Post the brand and model number of the replacement optical drive. Did you try googling to see in there's any region-free firmware for that drive?

US = region one.

eatinwokout  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2007, 01:23 AM

Oddly enough. The option only lets me select region 1 encoding. It took me awhile to figure out that I had to figure out I had to enter my password to see the rest of the options. Thanks.

wubrew
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2007, 07:07 PM

There are firmware out there that can change/over ride the RCP. 12" PB usually has Panasonic/Masushita dirve installed. The UJ8xx series depending on the mobel. Which PB model do you have eatinwokout? The new one the same as the oem or diferent brand?
It's "Brewed" not "Juiced"

Forum Links
Forum Rules