Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Wallstreet DVD: 10 mins of battery life?

Wallstreet DVD: 10 mins of battery life?
grins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2001, 12:45 PM

I searched the forum, and found some threads from 1999, but no answers. I (and a coworker, and the apple forum http://discussions.info.apple.com/we...^[email protected]/30 ) have batteries that seem fully charged (full icon, four lights, five bars on the control strip), and when I unplug the AC adapter, within a small number of minutes I get the 10 seconds of power remaining warning, then a shutdown. I have reset the power manager, run battery reset, bought 2 new batteries. All three batteries can exhibit the problem, and then after the next charge cycle give normal 2 hour life. I'm running OS 9.1, my coworker (with an identical wallstreet 300 dvd) is running 8.6. From the apple discussion forum thread, there are many experiencing this problem, on many different powerbooks. Any thoughts?

cy
Feb 14, 2001, 03:57 PM

This has been frustrating me for the past couple of weeks also. The best I could glean from previous posts is that it is a power supply board problem. The board replacements are available from pbparts.for 59.00...I'm tempted to buy one and install just to verify whether that is the fix. Another post mentioned using the VST dual battery Charger to cure the problem, but at 150.00 for the charger this seems, at best, an expensive cure for an Apple 'fault'.

Forum Links
Forum Rules