Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Any way to revert back to older airport software?

Any way to revert back to older airport software?
Viggen0
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 9, 2008, 12:52 PM

I have leopard on my machine now, which hasn't helped my situation.... but back around 10.4.10, or 10.4.9 i can't remember which, my airport stopped functioning properly. Signal would maintain for a while, then drop off suddenly. I tried a new AP card in my machine, tried a new router, no luck.

So today I'm playing around with kisMAC, a wifi signal stumbler, and I noticed that I'm actually getting a really good signal, about 77%. PLUS when my internet connection drops off, and the bars on my airport signal in the menu bar dissapear, kisMAC says im still getting the same signal, about 77%. So, I've discovered that my airport card is indeed still working, even when I've dropped off.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way I can completely revert to a pre 10.4.10 airport driver? I don't know what else to do!

xtremelyyellow
Feb 20, 2008, 09:20 AM

I have a similar problem on my Mac Pro. I'm running tiger 10.4.11 and sometimes drop signal to the Airport base station completely. I took it in to see if I had a bad airport card and Apple said all the hardware is fine. They suggested it was a software problem and that I reinstall EVERYTHING.... operating system and all. I can see why they would think that... I do have a lot on my Mac including things like Shapeshifter and such. But I have all the same software on my G5 and it works fine with no problems.

I've posted my problem on here a couple of times with no answers. You could try reintsalling everything like Apple suggests... but if you're anything like me... that doesn't sound like a fun option at all
Mac Pro Quad 3.0GHz Intel, 2GB, 250HD, ATI Radeon X1900 XT
30" Apple Cinema HD Display.
12" Powerbook 1 GHz
Titanium Powerbook

Cold Warrior
Feb 20, 2008, 03:38 PM

In kisMAC, did you notice if there were any other wifi points on the same or an adjacent channel as yours?

Forum Links
Forum Rules