Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > VPN problems?

VPN problems?
ninjarico
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2008, 12:02 AM

My work has given me a VPN certificate and I can't seem to get it to work on OS X 10.4. Mind you I know very little about OS X but maybe someone can help me here?

I've added the certificate to keychain access and exported it to a cer file then imported it to the X509anchors and it now shows it as valid. Previously it said it was untrusted.

But anytime I try to use internet connect to add a vpn connection and use a certificate I get this error...

Certificate authentication cannot be used because your keychain does not contain any suitable certificates. Use Keychain Access to import the appropriate certificates into your keychain. If you do not have the certificates required for authentication, contact your network administrator.

What am i doing wrong?

ginoledesma
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2008, 08:32 PM

Here're a couple of things you can try:

1. Try importing the certificate into the System keychain instead of your login keychain.

2. What format is the certificate in? Some people have had success only when the certificate was in PFX (PKCS#12 format), although it shouldn't really matter.

ninjarico  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2008, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by ginoledesma View Post
Here're a couple of things you can try:

1. Try importing the certificate into the System keychain instead of your login keychain.

2. What format is the certificate in? Some people have had success only when the certificate was in PFX (PKCS#12 format), although it shouldn't really matter.
1. added it into the system chain with same results.

2. Originally it was p12 but I exported it in keychain to a .cer file and re-imported it into keychain which validated the cert.

Might just be an issue with OS X trying to connect, I still haven't had a chance to try it on a windows based machine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules