Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBA which rev? And SSD 256Gb

MBA which rev? And SSD 256Gb
chichow
Forum Regular
Jun 15, 2010, 09:15 AM

According to Everymac, I have this...

MacBook Air "Core 2 Duo" 1.6 13" (NVIDIA) Specs (Late 2008, MB543LL/A, MacBookAir2,1, A1304, 2253*) @ EveryMac.com

So I know about model numbers, etc., but I don't know where the cross correlation is between Rev A B and C?

So is my machine a Rev B?

--

Also are there any 256Gb SSD that I can use? Apparently I need a 5mm one?

Thanks!

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2010, 12:29 PM

The original MBA used 1.8" wide drives that were also 5mm thick, which is thinner than the standard thickness. They were PATA. They also used a ZIF connector, so those drives were not compatible with standard 1.8" PATA drives. The later MBAs used a 1.8" SATA drive with a ZIF connector as well.

RunCore makes SSDs up to 128 GB for them all:

Products | RunCore

They will cost you.

If you want to figure out which you have, Click the apple, "About this Mac...", "More Info", then look for the Model Identifier. MacBookAir1,1 takes PATA. MacBookAir2,1 takes SATA.

Forum Links
Forum Rules