Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > unable to view jpeg files.

unable to view jpeg files.
Dazed
Dec 1, 2007, 04:31 PM

hi,

Just got my mac mini last week and have found a strange problem.

for some reason i cant view jpeg files. the trial of aperture crashes, cover flow crashes etc.

i've tried copying them locally as well as viewing them on the original windows machine they came from and it just crashes (They are fine when viewed in windows though).

any suggestions ? i've installed some codecs lately like divx and flip4mac so not sure if they could have done this.

any help would be appreciated since im new to macs and dont know where to begin.

Thanks

Cold Warrior
Dec 1, 2007, 04:33 PM

open the application Preview, then choose File > Open..., and see if you can select the jpeg from within Preview to view it.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Dec 1, 2007, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
i've installed some codecs lately like divx and flip4mac so not sure if they could have done this.
Are you absolutely sure the stuff you've installed has been updated for Leopard?

Dazed  (op)
Dec 1, 2007, 05:09 PM

I've done a little more research and it appears that only the jpeg's i've edited in lightroom are affected. According to some sites there does seem to be a serious XMP metadata bug in leopard so i'm thinking this is the culprit.

Forum Links
Forum Rules