Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New Macbook 2.2ghz

New Macbook 2.2ghz
kanishkl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2007, 10:31 AM

Hey guys,

Just got the updated macbook. This may sound a little anal but I find that the keyboard is a bit noisier than the ones I've used before, specifically the shift and spacebar keys. I don't know if this is part of the new design or whether the keyboard on this isn't as great as the others. It's not a big deal but when I get a new computer I want it to work upto my expectations and the keyboard is important to me. How would I go about this? Can I just go back to the genius bar and ask them for their opinion or can I get a new keyboard?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2007, 10:53 AM

Do you mean that the keyboard is not as nice as the other MacBooks?
How does it feel in comparasin to the new Apple keyboards?

kanishkl  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
Do you mean that the keyboard is not as nice as the other MacBooks?
How does it feel in comparasin to the new Apple keyboards?
Yes thats what I mean. I am making far too many mistake even after changing the key repeat rate. Furthermore, I also feel that the keys aren't as grounded as they on other macbooks. For example, when I press the shift key, it is rather noisy and there is a metallic sound to it rather than the muffled one that would emanate from one of the new apple keyboards. I have the new wireless one which is pretty much based off the MB and the wireless is far better.

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2007, 11:20 AM

Have you tried other MacBooks, I mean could this be a problem with yours, or is it that you don't like the new design?

kanishkl  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2007, 11:38 AM

Yes I have tried my girlfriend's macbook and my friends'. There is a difference, though marginal. I might be making a big deal about this because it works fine if someone were to test it out but there is definite differences in tactile feedback.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2007, 12:03 PM

If it's just marginal then it might just be that one. Try taking it back for an exchange, or use another one on display at the store and see.

Also if you could download Xbench and do a fresh restart, run and post the score? Thanks!

kanishkl  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2007, 02:53 PM

They're going to exchange it. WIll have the new one in about an hour or two. Will download Xbench and run it then. WIll let you know as soon as I do.

BoingoBongo
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 2, 2007, 10:43 PM

I hope your exchange model is living up to your expectations. When you spend that much money on a product, there's nothing wrong with expecting it to be flawless.

Forum Links
Forum Rules