Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Dual G4/DVDBackup

Dual G4/DVDBackup
Red Wolf
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2002, 12:57 PM

I've been trying to use DVDBackup to load and play copies of my DVDs from a Power Mac G4/1GHz Dual (Mirrored Drive Door) hard drive. The backup goes fine and it starts to play the DVDs fine. However, between 10 and 20 minutes into the DVD the movie either just stops and doesn't respond to play/pause commands (but the DVD Player can still close and quit), jumps back to the first chapter in the DVD, or in a few cases flat out crashes DVD Player.

I have backed up the DVDs on the G4 and I've transfer already made backups from other Macs. All of the backups work great on an iBook G3/500 and an iMac G4/800 17" but not on the Power Mac. All systems are running OS X 10.2.1 and DVD Player 3.2 and I'm using DVDBackup 1.2. I have even reformated and reinstalled the Power Mac but got the same results.

The only thing I can think of is it is the dual processors but that doesn't make much since. I'm at a loss so I thought I'd see if anyone had experienced the same thing or had any ideas. Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules