Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Annoying high pitch sound when I close my PB

Annoying high pitch sound when I close my PB
Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2003, 03:21 AM

I was on my way to bed, when I turned on my screen saver, then closed my PB. When its closed I hear that annoying high pitch sound. If I unplug it, it's not as bad. I opened it back up turned off the screensaver shut it back up and it's gone? Any comments? I'm sleepy, maybe someone will have a solution or know what's up in the morning.
Goodnight.

*edit* Was going to bed shut it, and realized there is no relation to the Screensaver being on or not. It's loud and very annoying. I unplug and its not as bad, but still there. I guess I'll leave it open and wait for suggestions.
17" Apple Powerbook 1.33ghz

Jbroad572  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2003, 03:24 AM

No, ok it's whenver I put it to sleep. As soon as the drives turn off, it starts. Once I move the mouse drives turn back on, it leaves.

Jbroad572  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2003, 11:55 AM

anyone know what this may be? It's similar to that screech that we have been familiar with in the past.

madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 5, 2003, 09:16 PM

My power adapter emits a high pitched squeal sometimes when I put my powerbook to sleep. It stops if I unplug it from the powerbook. Dunno why its doing this, but it gets pretty annoying at times

Forum Links
Forum Rules