Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Software for resizing?

Software for resizing?
Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 23, 2004, 02:16 PM

Is there a good software program that resizes images? I have to resize every image from my camera that I upload, since they are always above 1mb. I have Photopshop, but just wanted to know what other software allows you to resize pretty conveniently. Is there an option in iPhoto?
I hardly use Iphoto, I usually just drag and drop from the loaded camera drive.
Well just wondering,
Thanks!
17" Apple Powerbook 1.33ghz

AWShuttleworth
Apr 24, 2004, 03:19 PM

If you have Photoshop, then you can just Batch them. Record an action that changes the images to the size you want, and then run a Batch on the files whose size you want to change.

It's pretty easy. If you need more help with it, ask here, or check the Photoshop help files.

Another really cool option uses Applescript and is available at this Apple page.
Hi. Nice to see you. You look lovely.

art_director
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2004, 08:02 AM

AWShuttleworth is spot on.

i use pshop to resize and more with all my digital images. i know how my camera shoots and i know what i like doing to the images. (sharpening and adding some grain so they look less digital, etc.) pshop makes the job fast and easy.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2004, 09:18 AM

Doesn't iPhoto handle this automatically? Just select the photos you want, then export for email. It asks how big you want them and composes a mail message with them attached. But you don't have to send them, you can save them anywhere you want.

Just think of iPhoto as a tool no different than what you are asking for.

Chris

larkost
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2004, 11:37 AM

For batches I use a mixture of Photoshop and ImageMagic. The latter is command line only, but has some great options. And with a little command line magic you can get fast results:

Code:
ls *.jpg | awk '{print("convert -resize 90x90 +profile \"*\" " $1 " thumbnails/" $1)}' | /bin/sh

Forum Links
Forum Rules