Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iPod software 1.3 update

iPod software 1.3 update
SMacTech
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2003, 02:39 PM

When trying to install the update to my iPod, I get an unexpected error 16 occurred.
Anyone else seeing this ?

Axel
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2003, 02:49 PM

that worked fine here
It's too bad the update doesn't give us all the cool new stuff (On the go playlists, ratings, 2 new games...)
I'm not saying it's a bad thing to do, they need to give reasons for people to upgrade.
I must resist...

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Apr 28, 2003, 03:04 PM

The games will come for the older iPods in due time, somebody will figure out a hack to get that done.

(at least I HOPE THIS IS TRUE)...

SomeToast
Senior User
Apr 28, 2003, 03:24 PM

Especially since there's so many reasons not to get a new iPod.

Poor control layout, dongled Firewire connector, revamped remote connector (I'm sure Griffin was tickled as hell over that one!)

But you can get 10 more gig and a solitaire game.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Apr 28, 2003, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by SomeToast:
Especially since there's so many reasons not to get a new iPod.

Poor control layout, dongled Firewire connector, revamped remote connector (I'm sure Griffin was tickled as hell over that one!)

But you can get 10 more gig and a solitaire game.
Yeah, I bet Griffin is pissed. They have been scrutinized for taking FOREVER on the iTrip to ship, and now it won't work with the new iPods because it has some sort of FireWire thingee, to which the new iPods don't have on the top anymore.

Nice.

SomeToast
Senior User
Apr 28, 2003, 03:41 PM

And all the car chargers out there... you'll need the FireWire to iPod dongle, then a gender-changer between the cable and the old charger, and then 10 feet of cable piled in front of the dash (and there goes setting the iPod in the cup holder).

I had hoped the leaked illustrations showing the new control layouts were wrong. I had hoped that the docking port would be in addition to a 6-pin FireWire port. I had hoped I'd want to sell my 20 gig to buy a 30 (like I had done with my 10 gig before).

I'm sad that none of these wishes came true.

Forum Links
Forum Rules