Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.x & Sound

10.x & Sound
davcomp
Nov 4, 2001, 05:16 PM

Hi. I've been this problem ever since 10.0 all the way through 10.1. The problem is that on my 3 piece labtec speakers, iTunes (or ANYTHING else even alert sounds) sounds REALLY crappy. However, I can go into OS 9 and play the same songs/alerts and they sound rich and full with plenty of bass. Then I go back to 10.1 and it sounds sorta like it is trying to smash all the sounds into a hole the size of a straw. I mean everthing is crappy, not just bass, it all is! There is hardly any bass at all, it just comes out as low thuds and clicks, it sucks. Is anyone else having this problem? I have an iBook (firewire). Let me know if there is ANYTHING i can do, i love music and 10.1, but damnit so far they just don't get along!
Drew - GO BOILERS!
http://www.davcomp.com/

<Synk>
Nov 6, 2001, 04:40 PM

Well I have had the same problem with my isub and apple speakers
on my DP800 , I now dont use the iSub in X and have sent a couple of rfequests to apple to fix this problem as the sub sounds like it is ripping up the house.

Forum Links
Forum Rules