Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > .Mac renewal on Amazon?

.Mac renewal on Amazon?
Lebodde
Forum Regular
Oct 14, 2004, 03:09 PM

So far I was setup on the automatic credit card renewal for my .Mac subscription.

But I just read on another post that someone did his renewal on Amazon for $80. The only thing I can find on Amazon is a .Mac 2.5 Retail box with a CD. Does this work for renewal? Is it through some kind of activation code? Can I download this code or do I have to wait a week for the box to get here?

The other option of course would be to find out if there is another cheaper way to renew (besides referrals).

Thanks a lot for any help.

cpac
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2004, 03:22 PM

FWIW, I didn't do a referral, just the Apple-based credit card renewal and through some offer I didn't enough know about they knocked it down to $80...
cpac

Old Toad
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 14, 2004, 06:05 PM

The .Mac 2.5 Retail box with a CD from Amazon.com includes the activation code that can be used for renewal. You'll have to wait for the package to get the code. I just got mine, took 6 days to ship and 2 more to receive. So, when my 2 mo. trial ends, I'll activate.

Hope this has been of some help. Good luck.

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2004, 01:41 AM

<<< Feels like a sucker for letting it renew automatically for the full $106.80 (with taxes, etc.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules