Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > FCP4: Audio does not play when open in different account.

FCP4: Audio does not play when open in different account.
Lebodde
Forum Regular
Mar 14, 2005, 02:16 AM

I am working on an FCP project with my son. We created the project in his account.

We decided to open the project from my account and even though everything opens fine, neither of the two audio tracks can be heard anymore. You can see the VU meters moving whenever I hit play so the files are OK but somehow the sound does not make it past that to the speakers. This happens when I play from the canvas or from the Viewer with the audio track selected. When I re-open it again from my son's account, everything plays fine so it's not a question of muted audio tracks.

I tested this with an iMovie project and that one works fine in both accounts. So the harware and general volume settings are not at fault.

Would anyone have any idea of what is happening here?

Thank you.

I'm using FCP 4.0.2

Jacke
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2005, 11:19 AM

Could it be that the audio files for the project are stored on your sons personal space, that you aren't allowed access to from your account?

Lebodde  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 14, 2005, 12:34 PM

Thanks Jake. No, that's not the problem because they show up just fine, and when I hit the Play button, you can see the VU meters moving, indicating that the audio is being played correctly. It must be somewhere after that...

Forum Links
Forum Rules